ABS gone

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I was driving to work and literally got 2 mins away from my house then i heard a beep and got a message saying braking fault. The rears really stuck on today when i 1st pulled away. Any ideas? Sensor completely shot due to weather? Frozen, knocked off maybe? Where is the sensor located?

Any help would be great, had to turn back in case it gets worse.
Like driving a cup now lol!!

On another note, Dont no all the crap about people saying ABS is ****, in this weather the lightest tap had me sliding everywhere! Maybe thats just cliosport for ya tho lol :tongueout:

Cheers guys. :smile:

Oh dear mate. Is it the first time its happened? I beleive its not a sensor as such its part of the ecu programming, some1 will correct me if i am wrong.

had similar problems, although mine seems to be due to adverse weather and ridiculously COLD tempretures, my passenger side rear wheel had totally seized up!!!! thinking of buying a car cover to be honest try and keep some heat once its been on a good run!

Cheers lads, ill try and let it thaw somewhere, if not ill do the ecu thing!!

Yeah woody 1st time its happened to me! Right before xmas lol!! greeeat!

i know it may sound daft....but have you checked the brake fluid level ?

abs - uses wheel speed sensors on each wheel - its not really rocket science and they are "realtivley" easy to test the wiring/sensors etc

also an obd2 system scanner should be able to read the fault codes generated

is it not something like the sensor wire being damaged by all the snow and slush under the car? the look pretty fragile

i had same prob so if its really cold i try not leave handbrake on seems 2 have solved the prob rol on summer

Braking fault on dash, my experience with this includes:

1) Braking fault comes on a year ago for no apparent reason, take it to renault

2) They check the system, clear the fault and blame it being on the dyno for throwing up two rear sensors. All is well for 2 weeks.

3) Then it reappears, book it back in to renault and they keep the car for a week to 'investigate'. Car comes back with fault rectified, blamed on a faulty abs computer connection. All is well for a month.

4) Fault comes back on dash, booked back into renault. This time they keep it for 2 weeks. Cant find the problem. Get in touch with france for assistance. Changed abs sensors and abs rings, stripped entire system down. Rebuilt and all is fine for another month.

5) Fault comes back on dash. Booked into renault, at least this time i get a 1 litre twingo courtesy car. Abs pump and computer are changed ( only two remaining components ). All is well......... fingers crossed!

Similar Thread Suggestions