ABS/ESP/SERV Light with Electronic fault warning

After a short trip in my 197, completely out of nowhere i get ABS/ESP and SERV light come on and a electronic fault warning on the dash. Also my brake lights no longer work (bulbs are fine) but all other rear and also front lights are working still. For this reason im assuming the issue likely isn't an ABS ring as other have mentioned however i have checked over the fuse panel and cant find any blown fuses related to the ABS/ESP. I have scanned it with a cheap amazon scanner but it dosent show up any codes, so at this point i'am completely stuck so any suggestions of things I should be checking would be massively appreciated.

Yeah, i took the switch out and from what i could tell visually it seemed to be working as intended. When i removed the switch the brake lights still didnt switch on however

How long have you owned the car and what state is it in (striped out track day, full road condition) Now after a long hot dry summer it is most likely some sort of water problem get your hand down under the carpets and foam there is a connector down the passenger side also check fuses most likely you would loss other features like boot locking. If you have done work recently like steering wheel front suspension a battery loss/disconnection brings on ABS warning until wheel speed sensors transmit and brake signals. But like fox said check brake light switch electrically if the car senses a missing brake switch it would explain the warning lights there is a fuse 10A inside the dash that runs ABS.
1665323310039.png
1665315950855.png

I've had the car about 4 months now, its 97k~ miles and completely un modified (full road condition). I've checked all fuses under the steering wheel and under the bonnet by the battery and all fuses seem to still be intact. Ive briefly looked over all ABS rings and none of them seem to be damaged from what i can tell and i dont think it would make sense for one of them to be broken anyway since how would that disable the break lights. I did have a problem with water pooling up around the wiper motor a few months ago but no problems occurred soon after that so i seems unlikely to be related to this. Every other feature on the car works like boot locking and central locking etc, aswell as all other lights both interior and exterior, just not the left, right and central brake lights.

I think to be honest im just going to get it booked in to go onto CLIP and get more detail on the problem, kinda tired of working on it after spending all weekend looking for it :sweatsmile:

Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys. Ill reply on this thread if i find the issue for future reference.

Reactions: Sean197
It turned out to be the brake light switch, although it seemed fine mechanically when testing it with a multi meter there was no resistance when moving the switch up and down. So @Foxspeed you were right from the start :thumb:.

Gonna go and buy a multi meter because im sure with this car ill need it again very soon :french:

It turned out to be the brake light switch, although it seemed fine mechanically when testing it with a multi meter there was no resistance when moving the switch up and down. So @Foxspeed you were right from the start :thumb:.

Gonna go and buy a multi meter because im sure with this car ill need it again very soon :french:

glad you sorted it!

i will send you my invoice in the post :track:

• Haha
Reactions: Big Ben and Paul_D