ABS + ESP + Service (Rear RH abs sensor) 197 (57)

Hi,
I've spent the last few days trying to solve this issue on my other halfs 197 which is now out of date for MOT! Ive had it on a reader and it came up with the rear right hand speed sensor which I bought from Renault and replaced on Wednesday. However the fault remained so I took it to my pals garage and threw the code reader on and had it cleared, 100 yards down the road and it's back on. Back to the garage, exact same code.
I took the car to work with me on thurs night, jacked it, had the wheel off and took the sensor out again and it looked like something has been thrown up from the floor and got tangled inside the hub - looked like part of a shower scrubber that your mrs uses. Anyway spent about an hour so getting it all out thinking that would cause the issue. The ring itself doesn't look too bad, admittedly I haven't had the disc and hub apart to fully inspect it. Took it to the garage again today, cleared it, same code straight back within 50 yards of driving.
Just after a little advice now on which direction to go with this. Can you change the rear ring without changing the discs? The discs are in a decent state and seems to be a waste to replace both of them just for one ring (if that is indeed the issue)

Cheers

As far as I know the ring is part of the disc and can't be changed. I know the other side didn't throw a fault code but it may be worthwhile to have a look at it anyway

As far as I know the ring is part of the disc and can't be changed. I know the other side didn't throw a fault code but it may be worthwhile to have a look at it anyway

Gonna take it to work again on Tues night and have the wheel/disc off and see what the crack is. If I don't find anything I might throw the old sensor on the left/rear (are they interchangeable on the rear?) and see if it clears it

cheers

Gonna take it to work again on Tues night and have the wheel/disc off and see what the crack is. If I don't find anything I might throw the old sensor on the left/rear (are they interchangeable on the rear?) and see if it clears it

cheers
I'm fairly confident that the discs are interchangeable and not specific to one side. What was the condition of the bit on the rear stub axle where the abs sensor sits? Mine had corrosion on it which was making contact with the abs ring on the disc

I'm fairly confident that the discs are interchangeable and not specific to one side. What was the condition of the bit on the rear stub axle where the abs sensor sits? Mine had corrosion on it which was making contact with the abs ring on the disc

I meant the old sensor from the r/r wheel, are the sensors swappable on the rears?

Ill look at the housing on tues evening, gonna drop the disc off this time as well and maybe as you say try swapping the discs over

Just had the disc off last night, it was lightly - medium corroded. Rubbed it all back but the lights are still on. Gonna get the code deleted later see if it comes back. If this doesn't fix it I'm gonna swap the rear discs, and re-read the code and see if swaps or remains

Having look around a little online it seems there should be a magnetic ring on the disc, which was not there when we removed it as we spend some time removing corrosion. I've ordered a new ring which is now here and Ill fit on Monday, does anyone have tips for smooth fitting? Getting the old one off won't be too much of an issue

Amazing, and now my Haldex controller has packed in on my 3.2 TT, giving me guess what? A fucking ESP light, some what more expensive than the Clio!!

ok I only ask as its shown on the rear of the disc on those, ive got a ring here to fit this week

yeh seen that but all the ones i have changed (its been quite a few) they never had the excitor ring fitted

whats the sensor like? is it a round tube like or a small square type clipped on to the back of the stub axle

yeh seen that but all the ones i have changed (its been quite a few) they never had the excitor ring fitted

whats the sensor like? is it a round tube like or a small square type clipped on to the back of the stub axle

Small white square that sits in a clip

Got the ABS ring on last night and the issue is sorted, thank god haha and to top it the haldex is fixed after opening it up removing corrosion and cleaning the PCB, today feels amazing!!

Thanks for the help