Abs brakes feel like grinding?

Is it just me or does everyone elses brakes feel like they are grinding thru the pedal when you hit them hard enough to get the abs to kick in? Sounds and feels like I'm hurting it. I have been meaning to get them off and clean them up for a while so this might prompt me, btw the pads still have life ..

ure lucky to have ABS dont rub it in lol

hit the brakes in the toyota the other day and locked it up left a cloud of smoke behind me lol

i seem to remember the pedal kicking back at me when the ABS kicked in.

Yeah mine does it too. You can feel vibration through the pedal and the most awful noise but I don't think its a problem - just how it works! Only time I get ABS on is when Im pulling into work, the car tripods so it thinks the rear wheel has locked up lol! Pretty cool as it happens at any speed but gets some funny looks!

Yep that's exactly the kind of situation mine does it in fairly slow speed approach to a weird camber roundabout. So today I was stamping on the brakes on a clear road to see if I got the same thing.!

Mine do the same, it's normal. It's just the valves opening and closing rapidly, although it does sound nasty!

ABS is far too intrusive on the 197, if not Renault Sports altogether.

Take the ABS fuse out then go for a blast. Driver feel and braking performance in the dry is much improved!!!

yeh agreed it seems too intrusive. the problem is the immense brembos seem to lift the back wheels off the ground!!

does abs turn off with the tc switch?

ABS is far too intrusive on the 197, if not Renault Sports altogether.

Take the ABS fuse out then go for a blast. Driver feel and braking performance in the dry is much improved!!!

really ? dont find it an issue on mine :huh:

really ? dont find it an issue on mine :huh:

Nope not been an issues for me ever either. Abs never kicks in unless on loose surfaces and even the traction control allows a little slide! So I wouldn't say it is too intrusive. IMO the brakes are one of the biggest assets next to handling, they have good 'feel,' not over-assisted and I have been impressed many times with how fast they stop when I want to!

Compared to other cars I drive the Clio is far superior.

No, the ABS is great on the 197, allows a little bit of a slip then reminds you it's still there for you! Lol! My 1.2 Mk2 Clio was a different story, it was forever coming on! So bloody annoying, the slightest little thing and it was on! So very happy with it on the 197.

With the abs fuse out though you'll get far more braking force before the wheels lock than the abs would allow. Improves how much of the brakes ability you can use.

With the abs fuse out though you'll get far more braking force before the wheels lock than the abs would allow. Improves how much of the brakes ability you can use.

I agree about the intrusive ABS. You are forced to brake earlier and smoother on slippery surfaces (which are everywhere here in Greece) and therefore you don't get everything out of them. No ABS would be a serious and dangerous challenge though..

Similar Thread Suggestions