A very wet trackday

Went to Llandow Circuit on Thursday to a trackday organized by Tony and Jay of Burpspeed.com, mostly Clios there with a few other makes thrown in for good measure.

Day was good, track was good, etiquette was good, South Wales weather was not!

Only my second trackday since I got it so am still being cautious, especially considering the weather and lack of run-off. I'm at Bedford in August so with its acres of run-off I plan to properly learn the car then :smile:

DSC7989.jpg

DSC8316.jpg

DSC8617.jpg

DSC8370.jpg

[YOUTUBE]BICIrL5eu6o[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!

The Micheln PE2s on the front axle were without fault in the wet. As soon as it started to turn dry in the afternoon they as good as melted! Only put them on the car a few k miles ago, and I'm down to 4 and 3 mm on the front now :'(

Looks like you needed wellies :smiley:

You can see the softer suspension of the FF in some of those pics.

Looks like you needed wellies :smiley:

You can see the softer suspension of the FF in some of those pics.

Yup, comedy angles of lean...but it didn't hinder progress one bit, and carried on gripping.

how have you got your camera mounted? looks a good position

It's a GoPro HD Hero 2 mounted on a B. Hague headrest strut mount so essentially sits bang in the middle of the two headrests.

Tbh, your car was probably much better suited to the very wet conditions with it being the sport suspension.

nice one mark!

how you find it with the clio 200 compare 172 cup??

I missed the Cup through the 2nd gear Bus Stop but apart from that, not one bit. The Cup had far more punch out of corners but through the fast chicane at the end of the back straight, it would have tried to swap ends every time if I took it like my 200 does. The 200 is so much more planted but equally playful.

Tbh, your car was probably much better suited to the very wet conditions with it being the sport suspension.

The softness helped I think, but the Michelin PE2s up front were the main reason I had the pace I did.

Fiddled about with more video and have come up with these...

Playing with a tidy 172
[YOUTUBE]WuSOkqQw7JM[/YOUTUBE]

Bus Stop action
[YOUTUBE]ZYGrA3URmtw[/YOUTUBE]