64mm enlarged TB finally fitted.

If Im honest, as you know the more you mod, the less obvious the things you've done before it appear. Felt more grunty when fitted and Payl said they appear to give a slight amount of more torque when on 'back to back'.

Bottom line, is it worth it and how does the car feel now?

any before and after dyno

I'll post the before/after dyno charts as soon as I fit the TB. Will give a couple of days for the ECU to adapt before I have the car on the dyno.

any before and after dyno

No dyno graph. Just what Paul at RS said. I'm guessing given that he had both, fitted the enlarge one before mapping cams. Sure he would have said go back to standard if he thought different. The car before cams def had more torque low down but lost something higher up rev range. I can't say its worth it or not because as we know on here, the isn't one mod, we all agree on. Thats why there are sooo many circular debates.....

Last edited:

No dyno graph. Just what Paul at RS said. I'm guessing given that he had both, fitted the enlarge one before mapping cams. Sure he would have said go back to standard if he thought different. The car before cams was def had more torque low down but lost something higher up rev range. I can't say its worth it or not because as we know on here, the isn't one mod, we all agree one. Thats why there are sooo many circular debates.....

I had the impression that you had only that one mod at the moment. Didn't know about the cams.

So, still no real info about the TB. Fortunately, had my car on the dyno 30min ago. So now I have the before figure. Waiting for the TB....

Last edited:
I had the impression that you had only that one mod at the moment. Didn't know about the cams.
So, still no real info about the TB. Fortunately, had my car on the dyno 30min ago. So now I have the before figure. Waiting for the TB....

Nop not just 64mm TB...got schrick cams, v6 airbox, matched inlets and supersprint exhaust.

Yep no real info...as we know, the margins around improvements are so small with theses engines. Don't always see them on dyno...not placebo either, just can feel different.

You understood me wrong. What I ment was: when you fitted the larger TB, did you fit just the TB or something else AT THE SAME TIME?

I do too have the ported inlets & V6 airbox but when I fit the TB it will be the only mod that day so I could see/measure the difference with/without it.

Uh, that then won't tell us nothing about the TB...unfortunately...

Personally, I believe/hope there should be a difference. Matter of question is only - how big. :wink:

Not a big difference for those who already have mods. More noticeable difference for those without any. IMO. Biggest mod I noticed instantly performance wise was the Airbox. In fairness, most of the mods on these feel like 'background mods'

Not a big difference for those who already have mods. More noticeable difference for those without any. IMO. Biggest mod I noticed instantly performance wise was the Airbox. In fairness, most of the mods on these feel like 'background mods'

Couldn't agree more with you when it comes to the airbox mod.

I thought that you've felt a big difference with the TB too.

Now I need to wait and see if it was worth it. :wink:

Sorry to jump on this thread litchy but on another thread I made before I mentioned when I've put my throttle body on its sat idling at 3000 you said it was an electrical problem , I've ordered another tb for cheap saying its working I'll test it first but when I swap internals over this should solve the problem shouldn't it? Cheers

Sorry to jump on this thread litchy but on another thread I made before I mentioned when I've put my throttle body on its sat idling at 3000 you said it was an electrical problem , I've ordered another tb for cheap saying its working I'll test it first but when I swap internals over this should solve the problem shouldn't it? Cheers

Is the face seal still good? The one on the TB which seals against the intake plenum. Air leaks anywhere from the TB butterfly to the valves will cause uneven/high idling and quite often a high pitched whistle. Otherwise, it may be the stepper motor in the TB as you suspect

The initial problem was that Litchy's second hand TB he used first time round didnt work properly.

He got a new one and had the same work done to it and it worked ok.

The initial problem was that Litchy's second hand TB he used first time round didnt work properly.

He got a new one and had the same work done to it and it worked ok.

School boy error....I should have tested the s\h unit before having the work done!!!! doh

Tbh, I'd have assumed it was a good one also.

S what I done just assumed it was good I'm guna test this new one then just transplant internals :smile: so should be good! And yeah seals fine when it's at 3000 too it's just a steady 3000 not lumpy or jumping about places lol