5hp?

Yeah being in oz makes it harder! I plan on getting fixed seats, lightweight battery exhaust and oz supers! Then a tune and paneL FILTER, maybe maybe a cam later! Iv got a r27, which I believe is like a full fat cup!

Hmm maybe, for things like exhausts and stuff you'll pay through your teeth to get it sent over unless you know personally a company which import/exports things overseas! Your going to have REAL trouble finding a 225 engine laying about in Oz! haha

na i wouldnt imagine there would be many at all! To be honest, i dont know if id want the meg engine, it was a cracker to own, very little lag, awesome delivery, but i kinda like NA screamers more, id get ITBs just for the sound haha

Yeah being in oz makes it harder! I plan on getting fixed seats, lightweight battery exhaust and oz supers! Then a tune and paneL FILTER, maybe maybe a cam later! Iv got a r27, which I believe is like a full fat cup!

you will not go wrong with them mods in mined,think if you go for a lighter battery it would make sense to stick a maxogen in there to as they give you fair gains then cams when your belts are due.You will have a nice beast then and loads of grunt from the NA.:smile:

Renault can do what they wish to make it the most aggressive and exciting NA 2 litre out there but even with all their funding and development they still have to conform to noise and emission regulations. This is where the driveway modifier can make any decent gains.

I recently had my car mapped by K-Tec along with a decat and K-Tec Exhaust.

My car Dyno'd at 185bhp pre-map and 199.4 post modifications.

Photo10-09-2012134129.jpg

I don't think it feels aggressively faster, but more...urgent. However, I have a jap loving mate who continuously gives me grief about his silly Civic Type R.

Pre-Remap drag to 100Mph (private land officer) and we are talking about him beating me by about 2 car and a halves length, most of which the CTR made up after 60mph

Post remap....and I beat him by about the same distance!!! Woooo Eat sh*t and die Dan, you got owned by a garlic baguette lover you son of a rapist...

Now i know it's not scientific and there are other factors to bring into play but that was enough of a difference for me to be very happy.

The exhaust sounds too good too, nothing like pop's on gear change and a lovely fruity tone when you get her revved up.

So boys and Girls, Decat, Cat-Back and Remap in my opinion are well worth the pennies.

awesome, I never would expect to become a monster, but definitely should feel more lively... not sure if a decat is legal in oz, might see if someone here will do custom headers and an custom exhaust, reckon itd be the same price as one shipped from OS and i could sort of hav what i want... anyone got custom headers/manifold made?

You could take a lot of weight out of the clio, more than 100kg.

The cup cars are something like 1060kg and they have a cage fitted. thats allmost 200kg out of it.

I recently had my car mapped by K-Tec along with a decat and K-Tec Exhaust.

My car Dyno'd at 185bhp pre-map and 199.4 post modifications.

Photo10-09-2012134129.jpg

I don't think it feels aggressively faster, but more...urgent. However, I have a jap loving mate who continuously gives me grief about his silly Civic Type R.

Pre-Remap drag to 100Mph (private land officer) and we are talking about him beating me by about 2 car and a halves length, most of which the CTR made up after 60mph

Post remap....and I beat him by about the same distance!!! Woooo Eat sh*t and die Dan, you got owned by a garlic baguette lover you son of a rapist...

Now i know it's not scientific and there are other factors to bring into play but that was enough of a difference for me to be very happy.

The exhaust sounds too good too, nothing like pop's on gear change and a lovely fruity tone when you get her revved up.

So boys and Girls, Decat, Cat-Back and Remap in my opinion are well worth the pennies.

Love this ^^^ :clap:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FishFart General Chat 2