519 Automotive

I was in touch with dan at 519 just before xmas to get my inlets port matched im now at the point where i want the work done and hes website and facebook page have both vanished. Anyone on the forum know if everythings ok at 519. I know dans hard to get in touch with but normally always responded to emails given a day or 2. just wondered if anyone had any information as his price for the work was alot better than anyone elses and he wasnt too far from me either.Thanks David

He's clearly not about. I see him on RenaultUk Facebook page. Try him on there.

As Rogue says try him on Facebook. Not sure what is happening as the 519 page on facebook had a flurry of offers a month or two ago and now seems to be almost non existent.

He's got alot of bad rep on cliosportoc and I knew a few people he's messed about.
My advice, Avoid!!

This is what forums are for, thanks il get a few quotes from elsewhere. Any other recommendations to go with engine dynamics?

This is what forums are for, thanks il get a few quotes from elsewhere. Any other recommendations to go with engine dynamics?

I'm having a full rebuild with Engine Dynamics as we speak (including the inlets too actually), got a lot of general praise from the investigation work I carried out before comitting.

I can find out if the inlets needed much work when I speak next, I know the lower half inlet was going to be opened out but not sure how the casting match is between the 2 halves. IIRC is the mk3 isn't as bad as the mk2 in that regard.

[MENTION=38628]TB Rich[/MENTION] thanks mate id appreciate that, I'm only 20 mins down the road from them. When I spoke to them i was advised theyre not really worth doing you only gain a little bit of air speed low down. In two minds now whether to bother or not.

Dan @519 recently moved to a unit near Turvey, Bedfordshire but no longer operates under the "519" name as far as I know.

He has what I believe is a part-time job as a Test Technician in Northampton now. He is still very much taking jobs on in Turvey, but obviously it will be harder to fit people in now as he has less working time there.

I've been to his Unit that he shares with a Dyno distribution and installation company. So I can imagine the Remapping and RR readouts are very good and more importantly accurate.

Hes about 2 miles away from my house, I am planning on getting my belts and a remap done in the near future so will report back of my experience.