519 Automotive

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Hi guys I'm thinking of using 519 to get my belts and servicing done as was going to use two techs in dartford but when I asked them if they use the Renault sport locking tool for the cams they didn't know what I was talking about said they had locking tools for 2 ltr Renault cars but couldn't give me an answer if it was a sport one which made me think twice .Well anyway 519 is only an hour away so dont mind travelling to get it done right and just wanted to know if any of you guys have used them and what the service was like and if they do this stuff on Saturdays .

Strange about Two Techs. Matt and Terry used to work for Renault (Dartford) I think before it closed down. I was there on Saturday, they have a new apprentice as far as i could make out. Well respected from my via and other CS forums

But 519 also highly regarded :smile:

Thanks for the reply guys ,is this Renault locking tool a general tool that locks other renault cars and not just the 197 . I've read a couple or reveiws saying that you have to make sure the garage has this locking tool for the sport model even Renault Enfield didn't know about this 197 only locking tool. Can anybody shed some light on this tool if it's just a generic locking tool.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys ,is this Renault locking tool a general tool that locks other renault cars and not just the 197 . I've read a couple or reveiws saying that you have to make sure the garage has this locking tool for the sport model even Renault Enfield didn't know about this 197 only locking tool. Can anybody shed some light on this tool if it's just a generic locking tool.

the fr4 engine with vvt is used in a few other renaults and its not just the tools its knowing what your doing as well...

if 519 is close by you should use these guys - they have a good reputation so worth it my opinion :thumbup:

Danny at 519 is a top fella you won't go far wrong there. He was responsible for my stage one head and diff fitting last year, job was smooth and he isn't ridiculously expensive.

Dunno how he operates now but back then it was just himself so you have to give the chap some time, he's always busy ( says enough ).

ive a fair bit of work done by danny, top bloke as ben says have also had him change my belts and serviced the 197 and cant fault him at all..bonus for you is he's only down the road really:smile: