200: 25km on the clock

... I picked up a brandnew 200 RB7 from the dealer yesterday. went to the next petrol station, filled up and was ready to enjoy a 100km drive home watching the RS monitor doing it's thing...

instead it was the main dashboard that was lurking for my attention:

CIMG3115.JPG

so... 20km on the clock and already the first issues? should have kept the twingo!

after stop/start engine procedure the ABS and ESP warnings are gone again. two traffic lights later they are back on. Happened 5 times in 150km... joy, joy

Is it happening every time you start it up ???Some times disconnecting the battery helps by clearing the ecu up.Worth a try no??

not at starting up, but somewhere up to the next 2 traffic lights. I reckon it's the brake-switch on the brake pedal. had similar issues on the twingo...

You can't believe that the dealers would have not known the car had got this problem.The chances of you driving off and the fault occurring would be a 1000/1.Not good

I had this. they checked for fault codes and it showed nothing. But never appeared again.

something to do with the wheel speed sensor or something

You can't believe that the dealers would have not known the car had got this problem.The chances of you driving off and the fault occurring would be a 1000/1.Not good

at 16km on the clock when I got it, I belive the dealer had no idea. they got it delivered to their yard and put it straight to the showroom...

I had something similar on my old fiesta, was the ABS sensor that just needed tightening up!

Let the dealer sort it, hopefully it's a simple fix

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344016682.206472.jpg

I used to get this all the time when it rained, used to make my wipers lock up when it happened too :/ . Took it to Renault and they found nothing wrong.
Turned out I had a collapsed seal under the bonnet so water was getting on my electrics.
Best to follow everyone else's advice - get it down to Renault and get them to check it over :smile: