205!

That's what rev limiters are for, failing that, that's what warranties are for!! Renault rent-a-racer FTW!

Oil warmed, kick its head in.

I will be supplying my reg number at the end of the 2 years so people can avoid buying it....

Lol. Read the running in thread on the rs forum. So much bs in there. As if 625 miles of taking it steady would make much difference. If it needed running in, it would take more than 625 miles.

lol, wasnt picking fault, just beware when handing them back to finance company that they will look for any excuse to charge you, mileage, books, keys damaged rims. They're can be complete arses about it. I personally think that PCP is an excellent way of buying a car, i prefer if everyone does it :hug:

Assuming the mini was worth less than the GFV, they think they're cars are gold plated when selling them.

5k miles p/a ?? I do at least 13..... if I bought another car though the 200 could be a good weekend toy !

Oh you think that`s funny ha ? i`ll show you funny
and it`s my stock 197 :whatever:

Attachments

• clio rs.jpg
    clio rs.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 38
Lol. Read the running in thread on the rs forum. So much bs in there. As if 625 miles of taking it steady would make much difference. If it needed running in, it would take more than 625 miles.

It's such a crock of crap, the cars are left running for hours at various points of their production and delivery and they're not exactly driven with care during this process, 625 miles isn't going to matter a tap.

My uncle had a MKII 16v from brand new as a company car back in 91, now as everyone knows company cars and hire cars are pretty much the fastest cars in the world. He pasted it everywhere from day 1, it was such an animal of a car he couldn't bring himself to give it back and bought it putting a good 120k on it with not so much as a beat missed.. His theory being look after the oil and keep it well serviced & set up, it'll thank you for battering it.

I bought it off him a few years later and it is still to this day the fastest and best 16v I've ever driven.

Well, 40 almost 41k

Dunno about the power, surely it`s not 203bhp. More like 193. It`s running pretty well compared to other stock 197s. This dyno is way too optimistic imho but i should mention that the bonnet was lifted and we had a huge and very very powerful fan that drew cold air from the outside (8 degrees celsius).

It's such a crock of crap, the cars are left running for hours at various points of their production and delivery and they're not exactly driven with care during this process, 625 miles isn't going to matter a tap.

My uncle had a MKII 16v from brand new as a company car back in 91, now as everyone knows company cars and hire cars are pretty much the fastest cars in the world. He pasted it everywhere from day 1, it was such an animal of a car he couldn't bring himself to give it back and bought it putting a good 120k on it with not so much as a beat missed.. His theory being look after the oil and keep it well serviced & set up, it'll thank you for battering it.

I bought it off him a few years later and it is still to this day the fastest and best 16v I've ever driven.

8)

Great story. I have covered 460 miles, and happy to say my car has beeped on more than 1 occasion!!

It will certainly be beeping a lot more next week at the Nurburgring too.

It is always warmed up fully, and it will be getting oil changes every 3k miles. Sod Renaults recommendation of 12k miles or 2 years. Mental!

Our 200 has come alive since changing the oil!felt even better after our trackday at bedford, was sceptical about it taking so long to loosen up fully but its about 8k now and has come good!car has had a hard life from day 1 but always warmed up properly and only super unleaded used only mod is ITG panel

Last edited:
12k/2 years?? Sod that, I'll be doing likewise and dropping it after every event, Deako.

A gallon of oil and 20 minutes of your time is much much cheaper than a ruined engine when your old oil has overheated and turned to water.

How did you find Bedford, ManicSE? I've never driven it.

Fantastic,easily my favourite track, great surface loads of run off excellent facilities and quick corners not hard on brakes. clio was awesome harnesses definetly helped just wish the cup had rake adjustment then I could get seating position spot on!

Ahh, thats the only reason I went for the FF with Cup, daft as it sounds.

I've always dismissed Bedford as it's flat as a pancake, but I might look for a cheap day there and give it a whirl. Cheers.

ill get this back on track. . . . . surely its guarenteed to be like that after 22k the engine is just loosening up after this time ppl who take new cars to RR tests and are dissapointed they have no idea