205!

That's some increase!!.. bloody dyno lotteries!

To be fair though, everyone says these engines get better with miles and hard abuse, and this thing has had the **** kicked out of it from day 1 - I'd be wary of saying it's a porky pie just yet.

I'll be running mine in the hard way, balls to it.

yeah,

When my car arrives in October I will be flooring it from mile 1 as well, having read various threads on running in and discussing with the salesman at the dealership mine will be getting the beanz from day 1 ! :smile:

The only running in period she will get is the time it takes the engine to get to temperature after leaving the dealership ... then rev beep, rev beep, rev beep etc

yeah,

When my car arrives in October I will be flooring it from mile 1 as well, having read various threads on running in and discussing with the salesman at the dealership mine will be getting the beanz from day 1 ! :smile:

The only running in period she will get is the time it takes the engine to get to temperature after leaving the dealership ... then rev beep, rev beep, rev beep etc

rev, beep, rev, beep, BANG. :wink:

it's on a PCP so it will just go back for a new one if that happens ;-) ....

plus as previously stated in this thread the autocar demo would have had full beanz from day one with no BANG !!

That's what rev limiters are for, failing that, that's what warranties are for!! Renault rent-a-racer FTW!

Oil warmed, kick its head in.

I will be supplying my reg number at the end of the 2 years so people can avoid buying it....

Damn straight.

I'll be retuning this car on the back of a low loader. Full of hedge. Upside down. On fire.

With the greatest of respect to people on here, I don't know of any good reason to buy a Renault when you can rent them so cheaply.

This was my feeling. Rent a brand new car for 3 years, meaning I can thrash it to within an inch of its life for the 3 years I have it without having to worry about anything going wrong with it, if it does it goes back under warrenty. wahoo !

Then after 3 years swap it for another new one and repeat ! ;-)

This was my feeling. Rent a brand new car for 3 years, meaning I can thrash it to within an inch of its life for the 3 years I have it without having to worry about anything going wrong with it, if it does it goes back under warrenty. wahoo !

Then after 3 years swap it for another new one and repeat ! ;-)

cannot argue with that logic 8)

This will be my second PCP .... have a Mini Cooper on PCP at the moment, it goes back in Oct just in time for the arrival of the CUP !

Stress free motoring

i take it this is your first PCP deal then?

I realise my posts have been a bit childish, I am actually a pretty responsible 33 year old man! I've been through the terms with a fine toothed comb, believe me.

There's obviously a lot of tongue in cheek laughs being had here, nobody in their right mind would give them any excuse to knock money off come handover. It'll get treated with the same level of care my other cars do, but I won't be scared of using it hard either.

All Renaults marketing and sales are geared towards high performance, they offer their own track days, boast about Ring laps - they'd not have a hope in hell trying to complain that a car has been used for any of these purposes. Mine will always be fully insured on track, so my only 'risk' area is covered in the event of the worst. Anyone tracking a car of this value without proper cover, especially owing money on it, is an idiot.

It's a toy and a 2nd car, I expect it'll actually have a much easier life than someone using theirs day in day out as I'll either be driving it or it'll be in the garage. Less miles, stonechips, no carpark dings/kerbed wheels, no pikey scratches from being left it the street etc etc..

My point was, looking at what they offer on GFV and the very low payment per month @4.9% (loan = double that), to buy a new 200 outright is both more expensive and given what 2 year old non-F1 197s are changing hands for in the current grossly inflated market, a big risk on depreciation.

Worst comes to worst, I'll take the money out of my savings, buy it and keep it/sell it private/trade it. No way in hell am I putting myself in a position where they can put me over a barrel. I appreciate not everyone has that luxury though.

Last edited:
Very roughly and based on my 200 FF listed at £15800 with discount. (edit, missed delivery/reg)

£1k deposit
£200/month x24 based on 5k miles p/a. Adjust for options and increased miles.

End of 2 years they guarantee its value, £9325 in this case so you've 3 choices:

Give them the keys back and walk away
Buy it
Trade up for another car

If the car is worth more than £9325, you get the difference. If it is worth less, they take the hit.

Any damage you pay for, but then it's only the same as your own car come sale time - it either reduces its value or you pay to have it rectified.

Basically you're just renting a car, you've got to take depreciation etc out of your mind and look at what it costs per month and nothing else. This has been strange for me, as I always buy my cars outright with not so much as a loan on them... but in the case of the 200 it doesn't make sense when they're offering them so cheap. Go to Audi/BMW and they'll empty your wallet, so PCPs don't work out cheaper as a rule for everything. I'll use my savings for something else instead.

Last edited: