2012 - what a year :o)

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Well, its nearly all over now, and I can honestly say for me that this year has been one where i've had to stop and think to myself "did that REALLY happen?"

LOL

My most favourite bit of 2012:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ[/YOUTUBE]

It was the year when I was supposed to be moving away to Switzerland :swiss: (well, the job was sorted for the move, time off booked for the transfer etc) and it didn't happen - and the day I was told it wasn't going to happen was the 27th July - opening ceremony night. Kind of restored my faith in Britain a bit. And also, the Union flag eclipsed the Swiss one - now that was a sign :wink:

311530_10151979633870464_2076411311_n_zps670677f7.jpg

A very significant, life changing event happened to my best mate (I call him my younger brother) and I learnt this after that tumultuous week:

If you are jealous of someone for what they have; remember there is someone jealous of you and what you have.

Appreciate what you've got, and don't waste time yearning for something to happen that won't.

Remember to be there for those who need you too. You never know when you may need them back.

Live every day like it's your last, for if tomorrow doesn't come, you will have no "if only I'd done".

So......what made your 2012, what was amazing for you? Your favourite bits?

No doubt the Olympics was for me - I was the most anti Olympic person ever until the opening ceremony!

Whats the plan for 2013?

Well my 2012 ain't had much exciting happen other than getting the 200 and making some new friends :smile:

As we go through life people come and go with time, hopefully those that are true friends will always be their for each other and I feel like I've met some true friends on here.

So.... Happiest moment I think has to be the birth of my niece - nothing like holding a day old baby and realising that you can be a big part of their life if you put in that effort.

Lowest point of 2012, catching a friend stealing from my business - some people ain't true friends

And looking to 2013 - lots of days out, track days and runs out hopefully. Looking forward to a trip to the ring too.

All the best to everyone on here, hope Xmas is good and let's look forward to 2013 :smile:

Looking forward to 2013... This year has been crap really. Was made redundant from a job I loved 2 years ago and I have been stuck in a job I hate since then.

My only real highlight of the year was the Ryder cup, I will remember that for the rest of my life. Watching it at a colleagues with good friends and watching the sunday unravel was utterly epic. From thinking we'd lost it to shouting our lungs out with amazement

Looking back on it - 2012 has been pretty damn good. Here are my highlights/main points

January - Started the gym for first time ever - aim = to stop being so skinny

April - PCAD Combe - BTCC Thruxton - Got soaked - still awesome weekend.
Here we are at Thruxton - Sums it up nicely. 0:48:54

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DEHNnaBLGQ[/YOUTUBE]

May - Donnington Historic with dad - Some of the best noises ever heard to man
577745_10151629163200260_1089237512_n.jpg

June - 2 weeks in Orlando with 7 great mates. Best Holiday ever.
547539_10151869643705291_972196304_n.jpg

July - Best mate gets married - Best Man duties - Top day.
575967_10151787770205260_636036255_n.jpg

August - Rally Day - another top day! Legendary machines and Petter Solberg being a true showman on track

2012-08-18100035.jpg

October - Bought my 197 Cup
IMG_20121209_152439.jpg

November - Manager is signed off work until January - has made things hard at work, given me lots of responsibility. Highs and lows but has shown I'm very capable.

Looking forward to 2013 - mainly for Le Mans in June for the first time :smiley:

Wow, some quite varied stories there!

I nearly forgot - parted company with the 197. And said hello to Cookie the Clio 182 lol!

2012 has been pretty eventful for me. I came off my bike and this time I wasn't so lucky. Broken pelvis and broken hand. I wouldn't say it has been a terrible year but I've had better.... a real eye opener. Enjoy every day folks!

2012 has been pretty good to me.

Qualified as a psych nurse in September, had an alright first season time trialling (cycling) but my winter training is going terribly wrong due to work.

Other than that can't complain

Been a very good year for us. Our little 'un Jack is flourishing into a cheeky wee chappy.

Changed the boring family Astra in for another little Twingo 133.

Been a good year.

Been a very good year for us. Our little 'un Jack is flourishing into a cheeky wee chappy.

Changed the boring family Astra in for another little Twingo 133.

Been a good year.

I enjoy looking at the pics of him trying to Hoover etc lol :liambo:

And the Twingo - well, awesome!

Lol. He loves the Dyson. So much so we bought him one of the little toy ones. He's not interested in it though as the proper one has more bits.

My 2012 has been difficult! My loosing my best friend my idol in march :worried: I love you mum with all my heart until we meet again <3

My ups well owning my Clio for it's first year has been great and chatting to a lot of you guys has been great too :smiley:
Getting a promotion at my job and the pay going up is just what I needed, and also going in for a second job at Monster Energy.

2012 I will never forgot but here to a great 2013 hopefully :smile:

Hope you guys have a great xmas an a even better new year

Everyone's stories put a lot of things into perspective!

It's been a very long year for me! Interview at McLaren in Jan seems ages ago! Didn't get that but got a promotion instead.

Then the racing season started so it all becomes a blur! From winning in Spa, being last in Moscow, mega fast 3.0s pitstops, 2 hour engine change, both cars crashing from the lead in Silverstone, my first Monaco and now looking at dropping the spanners to do some engineering - a lots happened!!

Throw in meeting you guys at How Fast and our Tunnel Meet, the clios been mega.

Looking forward to spending Christmas with my family, even if I will be on my own now that the weddings cancelled!

Bring on finding a new mrs next year, more track days, a different role at work and enjoying life without the ex restraining me every day!!

Been a good year for me, bought the clio is March and never looked back. Then got married in Portugal in September to my girlfriend of 9 years. Lets see what 2013 has to offer....................

Been a pretty good year but it's absolutely flown by!

Done a fair bit of travelling: Paris, Brno, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Annecy, Nurburgring and Spa! And would love to see a load more places next year.

Have settled down pretty well in my job and getting some valuable experience, enjoying the people I work around.

Loved the patriotic events, the olympics and the diamond jubilee

Saw the F1 at silverstone for the first time, also BTCC at brands for the first time

On the bad side, still looking for a woman!

2012 is worst sh*t year for me!

My girlfriend dump me, depressed & I been ill alot this year.

Snap.

Only a small handful of things have happened to me this year.

I purchased the R27. I went to Ibiza. I'm finishing it in Vegas. The rest has been pretty forgettable.