2012=Power!!!!!

Things seem to have shifted somewhat over the last year. Previously there 'appeared' to be lots of threads about handling and suspension set-ups, now the pendulum seems to have gone the other way towards more power. Few more cams fitted, v6 boxes, larger TB's, first ITB and 225 conversions. Going to be an interesting summer.

I think its good thing to see cause things 'appeared' to had gone flat and stagnated a little since woody and others have left.

Last edited:
Also don't forget no one has had the money the last couple of years neither :-(

Also don't forget no one has had the money the last couple of years neither :-(

To be honest, I think its the same issue. Its a bit like the house market, more people are extending than moving home. I think more people rather mod than get drawn into another big car loan or pcp. Also, for me there isn't really a 'must have' car out there that suits my current situation.

Last edited:
So true mate.Will be good to see what happens in the next 12 months especially as there a quite a few new members with a bit of they know what they want

Plenty of people recently have either started planning or in the process of meg'ing their Clios.

People were sceptical about spending their money on the mods, especially when there were only a small minority of people who went ahead and modified the mk3 Clio.

To be honest, after doing every 'little' engine mod to my old 182 (matched inlets, V6 airbox, straight through Miltek etc), I'm not really bothered about doing them to my 200. Except for a cat back for more noise, I'd rather save, get cams first and then focus on the minor tweeks.

Obviously if money would allow I'd be looking for a Megane engine or supercharger.

Cams, Remap, ARP Rod Bolts, Matched Inlets, 62mm/64mm TB... That's just my plans alone!!! :smiley:

Oh, and either a Diff' or a trip to Spa, not decided yet. :smiley:

One of my very favourite hobbies is infact reading build threads and at the moment there's some cracking stuff going on on here. N0ddie is one example that springs to mind, there's always something going on or coming off that little Green thing. Litchy has got all sorts of ideas flying around and all sorts of stuff going on, although most of it isn't in the public domain so I don't want to say too much. And let's not forget Ben with his love of ITBs.

Then of course, there's the two heretics who've gone F/I on us. :f1team07:

I have another forum which is ran purely between a few of us as somewhere where some close friends (personally and geographically) share build threads and banter, and there's some cracking stuff on there too, one lad Andy for example and his ~500BHP A4 Quattro that in his own terms is his ''Lifer'' and is constantly evolving.

I lurk a bit on the UK and USA Type-R forums (good sources of NA info' and inspiration) and there's some good stuff going on on those too.

I think now people seem to be sticking with what they have as Litchy has mentioned, or getting straight again after the sh!t we've had over the last two years financially like Roy said, things are really moving on. I'm not really one for static car shows and what have you, I'd rather be driving then standing in a field, but I might make an exception this year and get to a couple because there's some good stuff out there being finished off at the moment.

I wonder if anybody high up in Renaultsport noticed F4RT when they named it. :smiley:

Where are you having the work done fmp?

yeah, fart isnt the best name for an engine!! haha.

K-Tec are doing it for me, had a delay or two due to wrong parts (mainly supplied by me like a div!!), but should be having it back this coming week or the following one (although I am away snowboarding then!).

I thought long and hard about losing the n/a lump, but as i craved a good chunk more power, the F4Rt was in my view, the only sensible way to go.

And being a more modern turbo engine, you can still rev is a bit without all the power dropping off. plus the futre scope for more power.

yeah, fart isnt the best name for an engine!! haha.

K-Tec are doing it for me, had a delay or two due to wrong parts (mainly supplied by me like a div!!), but should be having it back this coming week or the following one (although I am away snowboarding then!).

I thought long and hard about losing the n/a lump, but as i craved a good chunk more power, the F4Rt was in my view, the only sensible way to go.

And being a more modern turbo engine, you can still rev is a bit without all the power dropping off. plus the futre scope for more power.

Your absolutely right.....Its a happy but equally sad day. Get the feeling there are going to be a number of these on here which isnt a bad thing. Although, another nail in the NA coffin but the clio gets the power it deserves. I'm still championing NA, just because I've done the FI and decided months ago that that this was the route the clio was going to go in.....Im still questioning whether I made the right decision??

Last edited:
As much fun as the F/I ones will be, and no doubt they'll be rapid... I just can't walk away from NA, I love it. I've had one quick Turbo car and my Dad's had a few, including his current one, but I don't know, I always crawl back to an NA screamer and I think now I've pretty much got the best one I can get (barring the K20A VTEC, but Honda isn't my thing), I just can't put my finger on what it is.

Maybe it's the NOOOIIISSSE!!! :smiley:

I think its the revving, the noise and the overall renaultsport package which makes the N/A desireable in its current form.

I have always been an n/a fan. My saxo VTS was on ITB's back in the day, and a also a 182 on bodies.

I also dabbled with a few JDM Impreza STI's, which although turbo, reved to 8k. But the power delivery was a bit old skool. nothing.. nothing... 3k boom, then tailed off.

But after a good few miles in my girlfriends R26 Megane I felt the F4Rt engine is a pretty good compromise on the power/revs. You can still take it to the redline, albeit only 6.5k without its power tailing off too sharp.

Plus there is the possibility of looking at building a slightly higher reving turbo engine.

Well i cant comment on the 197 slackers for their lack of motivation/modding but my main restriction is the warranty on the 200. I dont dare undertake many of the more permanent changes for fear of warranty claims in the future (gearbox will happen at some point).

So im just biding my time at the moment :smiley: