2012 Golf Gti

Not really a fan of the Golfs but a neighbour has one of the new GTis in white and I actually think it looks good.

We had one as a courtesy car for a month (Brand new) and tbh I couldn't see what all the fuss was about quality. Felt no better/worse than our Astra.

The mk5 golf gti's weren't that good, not sure about mk6 though? My mates dad has one with the dsg box and he says it's epic!

The mk5 golf gti's weren't that good, not sure about mk6 though? My mates dad has one with the dsg box and he says it's epic!

Far from me to actually try and defend a VW or the Golf for that matter but the mk5 at least in Edition 30 spec is quite a fun car on the road. Steering and handling isn't anything like the Clio but for sheer grunt it's pretty good.

Though I think Golfs lost the plot after the mk2, piled on the pounds and spoiled them.

Well as the mk5 and mk6 share the same chassis.... you do the math.

The problem for me was the German factor with the new Golf GTi, a friend of mine brought one and said it was a lovely car and went quick, but was just a little dull. It didn't excite him when he put his put down.

I was taken out in a Golf R, and for me it suffered the same problem, lovely car, well built, acceleration and grip where brilliant but it just laked the entertainment/put a big grin on face thing

Love German cars. Apple and pears with the clio but aren't suppose to be. Clio suits me because all my journeys are short but if I was doing 60 miles+ round trips, I would get tired of it. Thats were German cars excel. Fast and comfortable.

Mk5 and Mk6 are also basically the same car. Same chassis, just some minor tweaks. Mk6 is a facelift basically. The Mk5 GTI was the best GTI since the Mk2 GTI 16v.

The mk6 golf was just a massive fail tbh and I can't see the next one being any different VW seem to have got lazy with them just lately I still think the current scirocco just of been the next GTI

Tbh there's only ever one Golf GTI that anyone should have and that's a mk2:clap: