2011 200 with 8k miles - what is gonna go wrong??

as title, i have a november 2011 clio 200, ex-demonstartor with 8k on the clock. having read numerous horror stories/stories of warranty repairs (gearbox etc), can anyone point me in the right direction of what i should be looking for possibley breaking, and at about roughly how many miles these items normally **** up?

cheers

Every cars different mate, yours might go for 100,000 miles with no faults! for example 10% of people write horror stories on forums, the other 90% of people with faultless cars arnt going to come on forums and say how amazingly faultless there cars been.

Just enjoy the car

Every cars different mate, yours might go for 100,000 miles with no faults! for example 10% of people write horror stories on forums, the other 90% of people with faultless cars arnt going to come on forums and say how amazingly faultless there cars been.

Just enjoy the car

totally agree with that... it's the same story on most forums. The general public regard VW's and Audi to be reliable but a quick look at their forums will make you run for the hills. Enjoy the car and stop worrying

cheers chaps... reading back what i written, it's a bit negative heh? lol.. i just got thinking that i am normally totally unlucky, so if something CAN break, it usually will! i am actually looking fwd to driving it home from work in a few days time when i get back on land, its been a long time since i thought of car like that!

Tbh mate you sound like me lol.
If you start looking for things going wrong then you will get over cautious with everything and find faults that aren't necessarily a problem.
As said, enjoy the car while you have it:smile:
If it breaks then you have the warranty so it's all good.

cheers chaps... reading back what i written, it's a bit negative heh? lol.. i just got thinking that i am normally totally unlucky, so if something CAN break, it usually will! i am actually looking fwd to driving it home from work in a few days time when i get back on land, its been a long time since i thought of car like that!

that run out must of got your blood going again mate ha!"looking fwd to driving it again"

I would be getting withdrawal symptoms working on a rig:thumbsup:

it's not ever run in yet you've shed loads of warranty left, chill out and enjoy it mines just flew through it's mot today with 60k miles on the clock and only a few niggles along the way, non that have made me want to move onto another marque

I've just sold a November 2010 RS200, which I'd had from new, with just under 30,000 miles on the clock. The car was fantastic and absolutely no bother, ever. Even surprised me how cheap it was to run (30 MPG) and service.

I had a single very minor fault in the entire time of ownership - the front passenger-side speaker crackled from new and Renault replaced both front speakers under warranty.

Enjoy the car! :smile:

I've just sold a November 2010 RS200, which I'd had from new, with just under 30,000 miles on the clock. The car was fantastic and absolutely no bother

Whereas my Feb 2011 car has had numerous seals, clutch slave cylinder at 6k, gearbox at 13k, and now steering rack issues

Just enjoy the car

This pretty much sums it up.

Don't look for faults that are not there.
If something is going to go wrong, it will happen regardless of how much worrying you do about it and it will always be a bad time with money, sods law.

Mines on 28k and seems fine, although ive not had it since new.
Passed it first MOT without issue and there is no paperwork to suggest anything has been changed.

Luck of the draw!!! If you get a Monday car you're fine, if you get a Friday car you'll be missing about 50BHP and have a chocolate gearbox hahaha!!! Like has already been said, just enjoy the car for what it is and if anything pops up then you've got a warranty to fall back on anyway.

Mine's an '07 197, full of beans and nothing apart from a pair of window seals has been changed. Even that was done for free out of warranty as I managed to make them admit it was a common fault. Parts are only about £6 like but better out of their pocket than mine. :smile:

It does seem that the cars that are low millage and little used have the most problems. I, think its require to say that I have possibly the highest millage 200 and it runs perfectly. Only ever had one problem (leaking rocker cover) fixed under warranty.

She gets faithfully maintained and the engine gets used as it was made for. My resale value is probably dire but I don't think I'll get rid as it will end up a track slag.