200t and Fastchip RsTuner

I am about to order RsTuner from Fastchip.
Could anyone with one explain to me how works it in terms of going back into service etc.

Im told that my car's ECU will only be able to be updated through the RsTuner from the point on after i have updated my car with the RsTuner.
Even if i would put back the stock ECU program.

Im thinking: always putting the car into stock when going into my annually scheduled service. But if not even Renault is able to update my ECU
if there is a mandatory update from renault, wont they get pissed ?

could anyone shed some light on this for me please.

i feel so stupid even asking this, but i feel like i need to before going ahead.

Once you flash your ECU, that's it, even if you use Superchips Bluefin, Renault can see how many times the ECU has been flashed, but the ECU is not locked with the Superchip. Fast hip are protecting their product from theft, the downside is your ECU will be locked. I have an RSvTune on my 200T it's brilliant, my dealer is aware of this and we work together. They can read my ECU for faults, they just can't flash it.

Thanks Womble.

I have my Rstuner from Fast chip (went for premium), seems like a solid peace of kit and Henk seems like a nice guy to deal with aswell.

Only one thing remains, and that is to update my Gearbox now. I got 5200 in mine and Henk strongly recomend me to update to 5500 before doing anything.
Just that my service dealer is reluctant to do any updates at all if it not specifically said so from Renault :/

also my mechanic said he dont see any updates available ether for my Gearbox or ECU, but i know for a fact that there is updates to be had.
my ECU 7700 new one is 8000
my gearbox 5200 new one is 5500

rely feel like i should not hafto bring it up at all, aslong as i pay and say i want them updated.... irritating as hell.
need to call them and argue again.

Last edited:
the solution to this problem is to find a competent Renault Sport Enthusiast Dealer.
I had a similar issue with the Bluetooth module on my 200. once i located the right dealer
all the problems were solved.

This is what i am afraid of.

Thing is the official service place here in Sweden is Rejmes, and they sell/service Volvo aswell.
And tbh they seem to be abit retarded when it comes to Renault as they don't seem to know much :|

oh well, i need to call em tomorrow and see if they can find me some updates. Otherwise i am going to need and sell/send back my kit before i even began to use it.

So i was at my Service Center and got my Clio updated both the Gearbox and ECU to the latest versions
8000 A482 for the ECU
5500 0842 for the Gearbox

Driving home after work with these updates made a huge difference at least for the gearbox. Automatic mode the shifts now were instant, no lag at all. as soon as the paddle was pressed it was in new gear, very responsive !

I did notice that in normal mode the car revved little bit higher but not much, and the brake peddle was little bit stiffer, but everything felt very good, almost as it was different car

happy about these changes i connected my RStuner when i got home and took new screen for Henk
But then i saw that i have an error code P2526

p2526
Vacuum Reservoir Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

no ide what this is, anyone with some more knowledge who could explain more ?

Last edited:
Using ELM 327 OBD reader doesn't show any fault codes, and reading up on the rstuner manual (online).
This fault code i got is not an Renault fault code.
It is something else regards to the rstuner that only Henk can give an answer to.

Similar Thread Suggestions