1st Year service for the 200

Wondering how much people have been charged for their 1st service through Renault???

My 200 is almost at its 1st birthday and interested to see what others have paid so I know if the price my locaql dealer has quoted is fair.....

Tom

Correct. If you must service at 12 months then do it yourself, as it won't make any difference having a stamp. Unless of course you have done the required mileage.

Last edited:
I thought the service intervals are 24 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes sooner?

Correct. If you must service at 12 months then do it yourself, as it won't make any difference having a stamp. Unless of course you have done the required mileage.

The renaultsport brochure says its 12k / 1 year what ever comes sooner.

The normal clio brochure says all models 18k/2years except renaultsport which is 12k / 2 years what ever comes sooner.

It is definitely 2 years/12000 miles, I scanned it from the handbook and posted it on the RS forum as it has caused much confusion. I did an oil/filter change myself after a year, not going near a numpty dealer before it has to!

Im not far off 12k on mine now and not even had it a year yet so the 1 year or 2 year thing wont affect me.
TBH if i was only doing 6k a year id still get it serviced every 12 months.
Not sure on price but im sure i will find out any day soon when i book mine in.

It is interesting that some believe 2 years and others 12 months.... My handbook says 12 months as does the dealer... however they would say that!! The car has only done 9k so not quite at the 12K...

I phoned renault last week as I have had my car for a year now and apparently they changed the service requirement for all clios from 1 year to 2 years or 12000 miles! To do with new eu emission laws!

Hmm, so they extended the service intervals to reduce the amount of used oil the cars produce?

If it is 2 years, I'd be servicing mine annually..

Rich

I agree Rich.... I dont think you can leave a car like a 200 2 years without a service!

I dont think anyone is debating that, and all of us change the oil ourselves regularly right?

The debate is, if the book says 2 years, then why bother spending expensive dealer prices for servicing annually, when you can do it yourself for £40 as often as you like.

Sure, if you are hitting 12k miles after 12 months, get it done. But i dont leave my oil in that long anyway. I will do my own regular oil changes, and service it at the dealer in line with the recommended intervals by Renault.

I get a heavy discount at my dealer, as I run lots of renaults. Got the first service on my first 200 for 120 quid, plus a K and N air filter.
Would also like to add that I did mini service in between the 12 k main service. Not to keen on having the same oil slushing around for 12 k. Have always changed the oil in my cars around every 5 thousand miles.

Last edited:
The debate is, if the book says 2 years, then why bother spending expensive dealer prices for servicing annually.

Exactly.

Mine will be maintained as per manufacturer's guidelines to retain the warranty. So it will be serviced in another 10k miles or November 2012, whichever comes sooner.

Bishopbriggs is the only local dealer I use. Been in the workshops of the others and its not somewhere id wanna send my car.