197 xenon washer blanks.

Hey, some of you may have seen my previous thread yesterday about my HiD lights which I thought were xenons due to the washers on the bumper which are not connected (no hosing etc)

Therefore thanks to the people on here who helped me work out they are HiDs

But I am left with unconnected washer jets on the bumper, not to keen on them if they don't work. I no for the 182 you can get washer bottle blanks, streamline carbon do some for £35 posted I believe.

So I am just trying to find out if anybody has seen or heard of the blanks for the 197?
I've already posted on cliosport.net along if someone can measure theirs so I could possibly retro fit the 182 ones.

But are they made for the 197?

I no I can take them out and flush the bumper etc. But then it's gotta go into body shop etc...

Thanks and sorry for the ramble and my incompetence

Hey, some of you may have seen my previous thread yesterday about my HiD lights which I thought were xenons due to the washers on the bumper which are not connected (no hosing etc)

Therefore thanks to the people on here who helped me work out they are HiDs

But I am left with unconnected washer jets on the bumper, not to keen on them if they don't work. I no for the 182 you can get washer bottle blanks, streamline carbon do some for £35 posted I believe.

So I am just trying to find out if anybody has seen or heard of the blanks for the 197?
I've already posted on cliosport.net along if someone can measure theirs so I could possibly retro fit the 182 ones.

But are they made for the 197?

I no I can take them out and flush the bumper etc. But then it's gotta go into body shop etc...

Thanks and sorry for the ramble and my incompetence

Sorry not got the answer about the blanking plates

But just so you know Xenon lights are HID's as HID is short for High Intensity Discharge, the standard projector lights just use a halogen bulb.

Xenon (metal halide) is a gas used instead of halogen and requires high voltage to ignite it but once the chain reaction has started then requires much lower voltage to produce similar or greater level of lumens to a conventional Halogen bulb and at a much closer to daylight frequency.

Just a subject I know fairly well as just covered luminaries on my techno-electrical engineering course :smile:

Those cornering lights are just a set of H7 bulbs & got me initially as I was checking all the bulbs worked when I got the car and couldn't work out why they stuck an extra set in the corners which didn't work then read about it and also explained why people were looking at me funny when I was turning into a road.

Always thought cornering lights moved like on new corsa

Don't forget hid's require a working wash facility to pass an mot from jan 2012

The blanks on a 172/182 where for the cup and trophy

It's a new bumper jobby or a glass fibre and spray job IMO

Well blank wouldn't be too hard to make, trip to local model shop get some plastic sheet then some options would be to bond some bolts to underside near the edges of the sheet once it's cut to size & shape and then from underneath either use washers clamped down onto underside of bumper to hold in place or even metal strip. You can then either leave plastic sheet if coloured finish such as black or spray body colour once you've got fitment right.

If you want a design or to clarify give me a shout, as done a fair few similar things to this, you could even use ally sheet, cheap enough from B&Q then use countersunk bolts going in through top clamping onto another blank (sandwiching bumper in between).

Re: MOT if the water sprayers are fitted you may get a tester fail your car (he may assume you got xenon's) as they'll be expecting them to work, similar to leaving rear seatbelt straps in but then removing the seats & lower seatbelt clips

Last edited: