197 wing mirrors

I think this has got way out of hand the guy is looking a mirror for the car, a left mirror and a right mirror it does not mater if the car is Left hand drive or right hand drive the mirror fits. Now @Hepohep what kind of mirror switch do you have 3 position or 4 position if you cant translate then send a picture of the mirror switch. To everyone else the mirror controller is fitted in the door that the switch is on so there is a pair of looms for RHD and a pair of looms for LHD
upload_2017-1-4_21-5-15.png

upload_2017-1-4_21-9-17.png
If you don't have the money any mirror will fit the car until you have the money or time to get the right mirror they all attach to the car but if you have the manual mirror you can not fit the cover on the inside of the door hope this helps you we will start another thread to fit this option to UK cars.

Now @Hepohep what kind of mirror switch do you have 3 position or 4 position if you cant translate then send a picture of the mirror switch.
I have electric folding mirrors with 4 position switch. The thing is that I didn't know that passenger side mirror is also supposed to fold with a switch because mine is broken and it doesn't work. It's not that I don't have money for new mirror but I don't want to waste any money buying 197 labeled mirror if the regular Clio mirrors are exactly the same and they cost much less. I hope that my english is not that bad :wink:

The wing mirror I have is for the right side of the car (when your sat inside facing forward), but it is a manual one.

You're more than welcome to have it if you aren't fussed about it not being electric/auto folding.
Thank you very much for your offer sir but I do like auto folding option very much and if I install manual mirror I will have to buy a new plastic cover for the interior because mine will not fit so the cost will probably be the same or close.

Reactions: Dystant
No your English is perfect it's very good they will both fold then you should see the electric motor on the arm of the mirror if that bit is broken off. There are 3 types of mirror and they will fit any Clio the 197 is not a special mirror for that model but in mainland Europe clio 197's might have more standard options like heated seats and the power folding mirrors that are less common in the UK. You can transfer the painted cover to the new mirror but you will have to heat the plastic so the clips don't break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hepohep
Was the power folding option available on standard Clio (non RS) or just on RS models? I plan to paint the new plastic cover

At least here in Finland that power fold was optional extra. Seat heaters were standard. Those are "must" option to have, with arctic winter.