197 wing mirrors

Hello! I need help regarding wing mirrors on the Clio 197. My passenger side wing mirror is broken and I need to replace it but genuine 197 mirrors are expensive. I can get a mirror from Clio 3 (non RS) for much cheaper so I would like to know if they are the same. I am thinking of pre facelift Clios. Thanks for your help :smile:

From what I can tell, there's no difference between sport and non sport wing mirrors on pre-facelift.

It's the same for the facelift model as well, sport and non sport are exactly the same.

Edit: it's a shame you need passengers side because I've got a pre-facelift drivers side that you could have had for free.

Is your car RHD? Mine is LHD so if the mirror is from drivers side on a RHD car maybe we can work something out.

I think there are three types of mirrors and 2 different styles depending on year, because your in mainland Europe you need to know.
1. Manual adjustable mirror with a little plastic arm inside the car to adjust it.
2. Electric mirror with electric adjustment and heated mirror glass, switch is on the drivers door 3 position left, right, centre (both)
3. Electric power folding mirrors same as electric mirrors but the driver door switch has four positions left, right, centre and fold the mirrors can fold in with electric.

So if you are looking you should see three different prices online and you need to be sure you have the right style 197 or 200 the plastic covers are different shapes. You might only be looking for the glass which should be the same except there might be heated and non heated. As long as the mirror has the right options you can take it from any clio

Reactions: Hepohep
That's bad if the cost of a mirror for a RS model is more expensive than a standard Clio when it's the same part!

Reactions: Hepohep
I think there are three types of mirrors and 2 different styles depending on year, because your in mainland Europe you need to know.
1. Manual adjustable mirror with a little plastic arm inside the car to adjust it.
2. Electric mirror with electric adjustment and heated mirror glass, switch is on the drivers door 3 position left, right, centre (both)
3. Electric power folding mirrors same as electric mirrors but the driver door switch has four positions left, right, centre and fold the mirrors can fold in with electric.

So if you are looking you should see three different prices online and you need to be sure you have the right style 197 or 200 the plastic covers are different shapes. You might only be looking for the glass which should be the same except there might be heated and non heated. As long as the mirror has the right options you can take it from any clio
I have mirrors with electric adjustment and electric folding option. Do you know if both sides should fold itself with a switch or just drivers side? I don't know because my passenger side mirror is broken. I need complete wing mirror,not just glass because someone broke the complete mirror off and it is currently held on with electrical tape.

The wing mirror I have is for the right side of the car (when your sat inside facing forward), but it is a manual one.

You're more than welcome to have it if you aren't fussed about it not being electric/auto folding.

The wing mirror I have is for the right side of the car (when your sat inside facing forward), but it is a manual one.

You're more than welcome to have it if you aren't fussed about it not being electric/auto folding.

Offers like this are what makes this site great.......

Reactions: Dystant
Then you need to get the electric power folding mirror because I think the connector has more pins than the normal electric mirror. There might be a chance but only a small one that the electric folding mechanism could be moved to the normal electric mirror but It's an option that is rare in the UK especially on 197 Clio's and the door loom is different for the folding mirror.

Then you need to get the electric power folding mirror because I think the connector has more pins than the normal electric mirror. There might be a chance but only a small one that the electric folding mechanism could be moved to the normal electric mirror but It's an option that is rare in the UK especially on 197 Clio's and the door loom is different for the folding mirror.

In this case it might be worth a bit more investigation then, might be difficult though.

Anybody got a pic of the wing mirror from the inside of the car of a 197 folding electric mirror?

By the way, offtopic: Do you know how difficult is to retrofit folding mirrors?
Door loom , 2x mirrors, switch? My wash garage is so narrow i have to fold mirros every time i drive in for wash.

By the way, offtopic: Do you know how difficult is to retrofit folding mirrors?
Door loom , 2x mirrors, switch? My wash garage is so narrow i have to fold mirros every time i drive in for wash.
Yeap that's all you'll need. I retrofitted them and it's an immensely useful feature

How to?
What parts are required, how easy, difficult- i would definitely love to do this
As above, you'll need both door looms, both mirrors and the drivers side mirror switch (usually part of the whole handle). It's not very difficult at all to be honest, just fiddly. Once the door cards and membrane are off, it's simply a matter of unclipping the connectors on the loom from various components. You have to undo a couple of screws for some of the connectors and an extra pair of hands would also be useful.

So best would be car which is under breaking for all components?
Ideally yes, but you can get the parts from different cars as long as the sellers are sure that the car has folding mirrors.

And i suppose it should be from LHD car..
It should be, but I have a feeling that both door looms are the same (LHD and RHD), as it wouldn't make sense for renault to modify the RHD ones for the drivers mirror control switch. But this would need further investigation.