197 v 200 at bedford datalog

That test is surely almost useless! If they were tested years apart the driver has different physical conditions and the humidity/temperature/track conditions are completely different!

It would be nice to know what tyres/brake pads they're using, 2 seconds could be lost or gained there!

Do I sense a small divide in the club? The original and pure 197 clan vs the 200 van lookalike bandwagon sheeps :wink:

That test is surely almost useless! If they were tested years apart the driver has different physical conditions and the humidity/temperature/track conditions are completely different!

It would be nice to know what tyres/brake pads they're using, 2 seconds could be lost or gained there!

it is on paper a useless comparison.....:001_rolleyes:

I driven a 197, R27 and 200 Cup on track extensively and I don't think there is 2s between them. The 200 is most definately bit quicker but more importantly the 200 gives much more confidence. The steering and the damping allows you to feel much more and thus get the optimum from the car just a bit easier.

Do I sense a small divide in the club? The original and pure 197 clan vs the 200 van lookalike bandwagon sheeps :wink:

Hehe..actually the 200 front end is shark like. (Not basking type either!)
Tbh..it would be nice to see either when i go on track days.
In the 4 i have done sine May this year, there has only been 1 other 200...no 197s.
Lonely world...i dont count the 172/182..billions of them 8)

There was a 197 cup racer at my last trackday and I couldn't believe the difference in performance given the relatively similar setup.

Last edited:
There was a 197 cup racer at my last trackday and I couldn't believe the difference in performance given the relatively similar performance.

They are rapid!! Last track day I did it flew past!!

^^^It is firmly lodged in my head, but you'd have to change the management, would be worth it I think. Very pricey tho!

^^^It is firmly lodged in my head, but you'd have to change the management, would be worth it I think. Very pricey tho!

From what I hear it would be totally undrivable on the road.

Its designed for full throttle changes at the redline and to hell with everything else.

Same goes for the engine management too. Again its not road car management. Plus its £5k for the ECU.

There was a 197 cup racer at my last trackday and I couldn't believe the difference in performance given the relatively similar setup.

They are rapid!! Last track day I did it flew past!!

+2... I thought a similar thing last time out at Oulton, ''shouldn't be THAT much faster''.

I do not use the term ''dry-bummed'' lightly.