197 sunroof

my panoramic sunroof is leaking ive had the car 3 week ive got a couple of months warranty left so its going back in 1st but if they wont repair it through warranty i will have to go to somebody who repairs sunroofs, but i may also look at getting rid of it and get a new roof panel does any body know the price of the roof panel i know there's a carbon one but its a bit out of reach for me
im not sure which way to go i like the sunroof (i know most of you dont)
i suppose the 1st step is to see what the dealers say :thumb1: its just the wrong time of year

Karl (look in the traders section) will be able to give you a price for a roof skin I would think. Bear in mind that if you go from a sunroof to a full solid roof then you'll also need to change the headlining... Hopefully they'll fix it under the warranty though, like you say it's not the best time of year for a leak!!! :worried:

You'd hope it would get fixed under warrenty, what excuse could they use to not do it?

Be intereted to see what they say.

You'd hope it would get fixed under warrenty, what excuse could they use to not do it?

Be intereted to see what they say.

My thoughts too, I can't think of any reason for them to refuse to fix. It's hardly normal wear and tear.

you never know what excuse they could use, in theory they should fix it i have a 3 month warranty and the car has only been in my possession 3 weeks, my misses is off tomorrow so is going to give them a ring, i will let you know the out come when it goes in, if it goes in for warranty work and they need to keep it a couple of days would a get a courtesy car

ive already had a little nosey around its not the pipe its coming from the passenger rear corner where the sealant is for the glass there's also another small leak again on the passenger side where the middle brace is for the roof, not that i want to tell the dealers that ive been nosing around as they may then say i caused it

well its going in on the 4th or 5th, (work dependent) at the moment they are saying it will be fixed free of charge and if needs be with a courtesy car but there's also a power problem too i know it has a flat spot and its a common thing
but the other night it wouldn't hardly move even foot too floor, its only done it the once and i dont know if its anything to do with me running it on vpower
i dont think the previous owner did