197 reliability issues?

Mine has 6000 miles and so far only problems ( touch wood ) are 'braking fault' popping up on the dashboard and a broken thermostat.

Had mine a few months now... no probs at all, a lovely car.

It kangaroos a bit if I drive like a learner... just needs a few more revs & a bit less clutch!

Like any car (or bike)... you just need to learn & understand it... I'm working on it.

Tho I am starting to wonder if the stearing isn't working right, seems very sensitive/twitchy @ 'too fast' on a B road (i.e. constantly correcting)... isn't it supposed to adjust its sesitivty the quicker you go? Feels like it is still in 'parking mode'!

Anyway, I love my 197... May be metalic 'wheelie-bin blue' isn't quite my thing'! but it handles so much better than some cars that are quicker on paper.

brilliant thred, sorry for barging in, but i have a 2002 a3 1.8t. and im looking to move to the 197,

im after a more focused car and not a old mans car. what do you guys think good move?

brilliant thred, sorry for barging in, but i have a 2002 a3 1.8t. and im looking to move to the 197,

im after a more focused car and not a old mans car. what do you guys think good move?

Yeah definately mate! If you need convincing take one for a drive and you wont look back!!!