197 prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Not been here too long, but have been lurking for a while.

After buying from new a Albi Blue 197 CUP back in 2008 and selling it 12 months later, I always fancied another after buying a house.

Fast foward to today and I now own a 2008/08 full fat Ultra red with Cup chassis, recaros and nearly every other extra. I have a company car as a hack, but couldnt help myself when I spotted the perfect car come up for sale. Since having it I have refurbished the wheels, replaced all 4 tyres, thoroughly cleaned it and put it through an MOT - problem is, I hardly use it.

Looking at prices, they seem to fluctuate and I havent had a single sniff on the Autotrader after a few weeks - yet I am convinced the car is priced well relative to everything else available, especially with the specification?

Is my experience isolated or are these cars either not selling or are we having to give them away and force the residuals down? I thought I knew the used market pretty well - but this has surprised me somewhat.

Thoughts?

Hi All,

Not been here too long, but have been lurking for a while.

After buying from new a Albi Blue 197 CUP back in 2008 and selling it 12 months later, I always fancied another after buying a house.

Fast foward to today and I now own a 2008/08 full fat Ultra red with Cup chassis, recaros and nearly every other extra. I have a company car as a hack, but couldnt help myself when I spotted the perfect car come up for sale. Since having it I have refurbished the wheels, replaced all 4 tyres, thoroughly cleaned it and put it through an MOT - problem is, I hardly use it.

Looking at prices, they seem to fluctuate and I havent had a single sniff on the Autotrader after a few weeks - yet I am convinced the car is priced well relative to everything else available, especially with the specification?

Is my experience isolated or are these cars either not selling or are we having to give them away and force the residuals down? I thought I knew the used market pretty well - but this has surprised me somewhat.

Thoughts?

Pay a £5 to become a member on here and sell it on here lot of people have put them up for sale and sold them as people are looking at this site alot

Status
Not open for further replies.