197 or 200?

Stuck in a puddle, not sure what to do..

Can get a FF 197 (58 Reg, 16,500 Miles) (Top Spec, recaros etc)) for £12,000 (Reckon this price is reasonable, for this car? - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/model/clio/make/renault)

But i could get a FF 200 (10 Reg, 0 Miles) (Same, top spec, recaros etc) for £16,000.

Insurance prices are the same, give or take a few pounds. My question is what happens to Clios when they get old.. lol. I don't want to be paying 12k for a 58 197 for it to fall to bits in a week. What are the 197's problems compared to whats been fixed in the 200's?

Worth getting a 200 for the extra £4,000? Help! If i get the 197, it'll be more track focused, using it on trackdays more etc. If i get a 200 it'll just be used on the road, at weekends.

Well the 200 hasn't been put long for any faults to shine through, personally i think the depreciation step of the 197 due to the 200 is only just begining so may be worth hanging on for a bit,

that said warranty is always a big bonus!

Pete

Can get a FF 197 (58 Reg, 16,500 Miles) (Top Spec, recaros etc)) for £12,000 (Reckon this price is reasonable, for this car? - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/model/clio/make/renault)

But i could get a FF 200 (10 Reg, 0 Miles) (Same, top spec, recaros etc) for £16,000.

Insurance prices are the same, give or take a few pounds. My question is what happens to Clios when they get old.. lol. I don't want to be paying 12k for a 58 197 for it to fall to bits in a week. What are the 197's problems compared to whats been fixed in the 200's?

Worth getting a 200 for the extra £4,000? Help! If i get the 197, it'll be more track focused, using it on trackdays more etc. If i get a 200 it'll just be used on the road, at weekends.

just so you know jase im almost certain that the 197 you linked there is some1 from clio197.net hes a graphic designer, extreamly well looked after car!!!! and im sure if he is some1 off here, then he would talk to you about it. and hes probs a car freak like us all and really looked after it.

yer i was right its ROCKYS!!!!! thought id seen it. i recon that car would be a mental buy he very rarly used it i think.
and if you could get yourself a 200 diffuser like jases then it would like amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, cool. I thought the owner might be on either here or renalultsport.co.uk.

Its a nice car. :drool:

what sorta 200 you looking at a basic one? well not basic but not ff...

i would go for 197 cuz i like it more, but thats me, looks more mean...

and its got recaros and still in warrenty. recon you should buy one of my nice new fire extinguishers i got for sale to go in it too :wink: lol

plus would the 200 your getting have the cup chas

what sorta 200 you looking at a basic one? well not basic but not ff...

i would go for 197 cuz i like it more, but thats me, looks more mean...

and its got recaros and still in warrenty. recon you should buy one of my nice new fire extinguishers i got for sale to go in it too :wink: lol

plus would the 200 your getting have the cup chas

Full fat 200, cup chassis, recaros, gloss black speedlines every other optional extra apart from the radio, folding mirrors and sunroof.

The 197 is nice, but is it worth the £4,000 I'd be saving when i could just get a 200 which would have new tyres, brakes etc. But I'd love to have a clio that i could just put on a track when i wanted. But maybe i could just nurse the 200 for a few years and then track it.

Full fat 200, cup chassis, recaros, gloss black speedlines every other optional extra apart from the radio, folding mirrors and sunroof.

The 197 is nice, but is it worth the £4,000 I'd be saving when i could just get a 200 which would have new tyres, brakes etc. But I'd love to have a clio that i could just put on a track when i wanted. But maybe i could just nurse the 200 for a few years and then track it.

i cant keep a car for more than a few months get bored, why i dont buy a new one but i am bout to maybe get a brand new red 200... lol
but then im thinking something more special...

id get the 197 if i was u more fun.

Hi Jace, since 2003 I've owned four Clio Sports. A 172 Cup, 172 Sport, 197 R27 and now a GW 200 with Speedlines.

I've had alot of experience with these cars and clocked up over 300k. In my opinion the 200 is the way to go. The 197 is a great car and no disrepect but the 200 takes it to another level.

The choice is yours but take it from me the 200 blows your socks off, it's a mental car that is so perfect and sublime it just punches way above its class.

I think im going to go for a 197 CUP. I really want a 200, but i really want a track car. I don't want to be throwing around my brand new FF 200, i just wont want to drive it properly.

I can get a CUP with pretty much every single toy on it for £11,000, its still a massive step up from the 1.4 Corsa D i have now. Obviously i'll need to test drive one before i buy one. But with the £5,000 I'll be saving, i can put it towards the insurance, private plate etc.

Thanks for all of your advice, its made me think more about it, even though i have ignored most of it and just gone for a 197, haha.

Thanks again. :smile:

personally i think thats a really good idea...
:wink:

but then again when you get it i hope you aint going to think to yourself you could be in a 200

personally i think thats a really good idea...
:wink:

but then again when you get it i hope you aint going to think to yourself you could be in a 200

Haha,

Not really. (I hope!!) From what i understand they aren't many differences between each of the cars, apart from a few things here and there. To be honest i still prefer the 197 front end to the 200!

Ive thought about everything, Im only 20, Ive only been driving since Febuary last year and i really miss the track. :worried: This is still a huge step up from my Corsa, and i get to save some money in the process. :tongueout:

I just need to find a really nice 197.

if your gunna do any track days let me know, i aint tried one out with my 197 yet...
kinda worried to be a novice in a 197 alone lol would be ight if some1 else was trying same time

Haha,

Not really. (I hope!!) From what i understand they aren't many differences between each of the cars, apart from a few things here and there. To be honest i still prefer the 197 front end to the 200!

Ive thought about everything, Im only 20, Ive only been driving since Febuary last year and i really miss the track. :worried: This is still a huge step up from my Corsa, and i get to save some money in the process. :tongueout:

I just need to find a really nice 197.

Fair shout mate, do what's right for you. The 197 is a great car and I adored mine although I would say until you drive a 200 you can't really appreciate how much improved it is (lots of small things make a big difference).

Shop around and try and go FF 197 if you can as the interior is just that bit nicer :wink:

Im trying to get in contact with Rocky. However i think his doesn't have CUP Suspension, which is something i was wanting. :worried:

I don't really want to drive a 200, because I'll just want one. Haha. I can always keep the 197 for a few years and then get a 200 if i feel like it. The 197's are very nice cars, so are the 200's but I'll just want to nurse the 200 and i wont get the potential out of it. At least with the 197 i can get used to the big step up in power.

My Corsa at the mo' has about 85bhp. This will have around 197bhp. :lol:

Haha, i probably would later on. But I'd want the red callipers too.

Not really looking into doing a brake conversion yet either.haha