197 mapped

I was told he took a few bits from the new Clio 200 gearbox (VVT) so my gear changes are alot quicker and smoother...

Before the remap the car was 186bhp which he though was rather good for a standard 197...down to my good ownership I think :cloud9:

End result ended up being an extra 12bhp...and im madly in love with how the car is now performing...:001_tt1::001_tt1:

Do you no what he did to the gearbox? This sounds really interesting, something id look at doing to mine!

I'm not sure I understand, how can he make mapping changes to a manual 'box? Or are we talking physical bits and bobs, like a short shift??

Does the ECU phase power out/in to make shifts seem smoother?

As I left the car with him for a few hours when I came back to test drive the 'new improved' car I noticed a total change in the gear changes, I was told the gearbox was rather lame compared to the new Clio 200 and his words were 'Ive taken a few bits from the gearbox in the new Clio 200 (VVT) so you will now find a massive improvement in gear changes'

Helpful guy and very happy with the result, my only suggestion would to be to visit RS Tuning if it's local to you re: this convo.

Cool, well if you've noticed a positive change straight away, there's some magic in there somewhere!!

I know people who've used RS for some non-Renault stuff and the feedback has always been superb, really sounds like he knows his stuff.

hi, was looking at a rs tuning maybe in the future.
any idea what has actually been done to the gearbox, in all fairness what could they have time to do if the car was only with them a couple hours and in that time they had to map the car.

how could they get gearbox off/apart , remove and change bits from a 200, put back together etc .

any more info is appreciated

hi, was looking at a rs tuning maybe in the future.
any idea what has actually been done to the gearbox, in all fairness what could they have time to do if the car was only with them a couple hours and in that time they had to map the car.

how could they get gearbox off/apart , remove and change bits from a 200, put back together etc .

any more info is appreciated

They maybe keep a stock of a couple of modified gearboxes to swap over.

You cannot use assumed percentage of transmission loss peeps.

Every car is different thus every car has a different amount of transmission loss.

The only way to fully compare accurately the power of cars is to have 3 dyno runs on 3 different sets of rollers. Then take an average of the power at wheels not at the fly wheel as this power figure is just guessed basically

I hope this helps

I was told he took a few bits from the new Clio 200 gearbox (VVT) so my gear changes are alot quicker and smoother...

Before the remap the car was 186bhp which he though was rather good for a standard 197...down to my good ownership I think :cloud9:

End result ended up being an extra 12bhp...and im madly in love with how the car is now performing...:001_tt1::001_tt1:

PMSL!!!!

The moons made of cheese also :wink: