197 insurance

I was pleasently suprised today to find out my clio 197 insurance has dropped by half of what I was paying last year :smiley:. This now leaves some room for upgrades. (Can't tell the other half though).
I was paying approx £900 last year, and now thats been reduced to £436.
Happy days.

last year, i lived in a rough area, and paid £2200 for insurance, but i got the garage i purchased the car from to give me £1100 cheque back to cover the excessive cost..

have now moved to a 'better' area and insurance has gone down to £650 with 6 years ncb and im 25 years old..

added my partner onto the insurance 22yo female and insurance goes upto £1700

before the female driver price increse last year, price for us both was £800

I'm 19 with 2 years ncb and mine is £1200, before i added both my parents it was £1600. I would say add them to yours a its made a huge difference to mine.

I was pleasently suprised today to find out my clio 197 insurance has dropped by half of what I was paying last year :smiley:. This now leaves some room for upgrades. (Can't tell the other half though).
I was paying approx £900 last year, and now thats been reduced to £436.
Happy days.

Who are you with mate?

Don't meant to gloat but ever since I got my 197 when I was 21 mine has dropped every year, last year I paid £340 with cashback this year it looks like its going to be around the £250 mark.

Getting older does have its benefits.

:lol::lol::lol: whats going on, im 27 fully comp only have 1 years ncb
as i had a little bump last year otherwise it would of been 4, anyway
im with quote me happy as they come back the cheapest and im paying £1400

I'm 28 (29 in april) This insurance quote was with Esure with 5 yrs ncb. But I'm still going to shop around to see if I can squeeze some more pennies out of them. I was previously with Admiral, and have been for the last 2 years. So I think the first stop for me will be a call to Admiral to see if they can better Esure's quote, and play the loyalty card.

£800 fully comp 21 with 2 years ncb with admiral
Safe to say I was pretty pleased after the quote I got from Adrian flux was £3550!!!

alot depends on the area you live in aswell with insurance.. i did live on a council estate in a rough part of manchester and they wanted £2200 cheapest i could find.. most wanted around the £3000 mark... even with 5 years no claims.. now ive moved to an area with much lower crime rates and everyone wants about the £600 mark for the exact same person/car..

Everyone knows they make it up, I shall resist posting what I pay as it was mainly about young drivers.

Just did mine last weekend, £244 fully comp.

The RAC had sent my renewal through, £322 so i rang them to stop the auto renewal going through, they went through a few details and i had to stop them in their tracks, don't bother trying to match the quote, if you can't get me that price for the renewal i'll take my business elsewere.

She asked me why i was not staying with them and i gave them two reasons, one £70 cheaper eleswere and two, last year when i took out the policy i explained i was having a private plate on and will they charge me when i do this? I was told if i do it inside 14 days no, otherwise there will be an admin charge.

I rang up to change the plate details on the 14th day (a friday) and was told he could not do it without payment but i should get the money back on tuesday. I never did.

When i told the girl this last week she said i can see there should have been a refund of £28, i'll pass it on to my supervisor for you.

Well suprise suprise middle of the week i've recieved a refund of £29 and odd pence, result.

If they'd have refunded me when they said (last year) and given me a quote to match the above, i'd have stuck with them, surely they'd keep more customers this way.

Similar Thread Suggestions