197 Cup Wheels

Bonjour people.

Is there any major differences on the cup wheels to the standard on the 197?

Are they lighter, etc?
Take it there the same size?

Fancy a change on mine as prefer the look of them loads, but cant see any for sale on here or ebay.

Any idea how much they are new :scared: and if you can get them in a choice of colour or was it optional extra only??

The cup wheels are magnesium alloy. Light but more fragile you can buy for around £300 a set of 4 plus a refurb. Ive never seen them new.

There is a difference between cup racer wheels(ones woody has mentioned) and the speedlines that look like cup wheels.
Speedlines are 17"x7.5" alloy(White or black)
Cup racers are 17"x8" magnesium
Both look the same.

Think this is all right :wink:

Cheers guys.

Yea only after the normal speedline ones. Fancy a different look really..

You ever get many pop up for sale on here?

There is a difference between cup racer wheels(ones woody has mentioned) and the speedlines that look like cup wheels.
Speedlines are 17"x7.5" alloy(White or black)
Cup racers are 17"x8" magnesium
Both look the same.

Think this is all right :wink:

The increased width has the same effect as a spacer though so the 17x8 ones look better (biased yes :tongueout: ), though I'm pretty sure whatever the magnesium content is they are heavy as ferk.

The standard speedlines I think are roughly £650 minus centre caps which are nother £50 maybe.

Also if you ask someone nicely you can get the cup racer alloys new but only in white :rolleyes:

Actually the standard speedlines are also 8x17

No they aren't I am talking rubbish. For some reason when I compared them they seemed wider than my 12 spokes.

Last edited: