197 2.0l T (megane conversion)

Wonder if the 197/200 engine would fit in my 133????

Probably, in the 200/197 there's a massive amount of unused space and the engine used to fit in 182s I can imagine there being room for it.

Some guy managed to fit a 182 engine in the OLD model Twingo from recollection so if you want to it will!

i want it!!! i want it!!!! bet that goes, sounds awsome aswell, bet it cost some tho and i bet its pain to get all the electrics and that working,

yeah i reckon u could get a rear ended meg engine for 1000 quid and drop it in ureself maybe nick the megs ecu aswell. all u need is some1 to drop it in for you.

yeah i reckon u could get a rear ended meg engine for 1000 quid and drop it in ureself maybe nick the megs ecu aswell. all u need is some1 to drop it in for you.

the mechanical side wouldnt be a problem for me ive got 9x renault techs that i can blag to do that, It would be the electrical side that would bother me because id want everything to work the way it should like the handsfree locking and unlocking, and the push button start, air con etc im fussy like that, do you reakon that could be done, as i know on the clio and the megane everything is run by the uch, so would it just be a case of finding a doner megane turbo with handsfree, air con etc and using the ecu and parts to make it all work?

yes i think it would. u might need the transmission too cus the clio clutch wasnt up to much good with standard bhp never mind another 50-70 lol

think it would be more complicated than it sounds. Engine, gearbox, ecu and clutch. Not to mention the amount of time testing and getting it right. If I win the lottery it will be done though. :drool:

lol if i win the lottery i wudnt mess around with renault id be straight on the phone buying a pagani zonda. lmao

the mechanical side wouldnt be a problem for me ive got 9x renault techs that i can blag to do that, It would be the electrical side that would bother me because id want everything to work the way it should like the handsfree locking and unlocking, and the push button start, air con etc im fussy like that, do you reakon that could be done, as i know on the clio and the megane everything is run by the uch, so would it just be a case of finding a doner megane turbo with handsfree, air con etc and using the ecu and parts to make it all work?

do your homework guys, jonesy is already ahead of u :smile:

C197mark - the clio and megane ecu are the same, the firware is different in the 2, u run bost on a clio ecu and it will put it in to safe mode, if u got mates like me that can do all the elcey side then its easy :tongueout:

but we will see :smile: