19" wheels..????

I know it will mess with up the handling, I know it will be slower, I know it will mess with the turn and maybe catch in arch but from purely an aesthetical point of view, anyone fitted 19's to a 197????

There was one chap that fitted 20's! He took them off tho. Would of thought you could, need very low pro's tho.

Anyone know whats the lowest offset you can get away with. The Clios quite high, 68. Does this mean if the wheels offset are 35 you would need a spacer? Or if they are wider, would this compensate for low offset?????

Anyone know whats the lowest offset you can get away with. The Clios quite high, 68. Does this mean if the wheels offset are 35 you would need a spacer? Or if they are wider, would this compensate for low offset?????

Works other way round, the lower the ofset/et the further out they will sit.
Spacers look good with standard 68et.
I had 45et x 7" wide 17" wheels on mine. Lowered about as low you could, had to fit slightly stretched tyres to stop rubbing on inner edge of front bumper arch.
You would need around a 55et on a 7" wide wheel to get 19" on if you lowered it. But if not lowering then anything from 68-45et should fit... Would look like a tractor though if not lowered.

Forget how it will affect the ride and handling, it will look pony imo!
Agree with Ben, the days of having oversized rims should well and truly be put behind us.

Forget how it will affect the ride and handling, it will look pony imo!
Agree with Ben, the days of having oversized rims should well and truly be put behind us.

Please qualify what time and date this happened??? Thats what I love about forums...quotes from the moddin' bible. Everybody says it so everybody does it. Oh I forgot "I must get a set of wheels and paint the black"

I'm sure having alloys so big you can't turn the wheel or drive it anywhere impresses some but not I, 17s look fine and that's why they're fitted.

It's a bit like the whole 'low scene' particularly here I'm thinking of people in the VAG clubs who go through 5+ sumps a year, I can imagine you going through arch liners and losing what little turning circle it has anyway.

I don't think they would be that bad - it isn't too much bigger. A set of OZ Ultras would look brilliant with some tiny profile tyres. Would be a good show car. I think lowering would be a must too. To be on the safe side I would stick to 18's over 19's but if its what you want to do I think it could look good on the right rims!

Please qualify what time and date this happened??? Thats what I love about forums...quotes from the moddin' bible. Everybody says it so everybody does it. Oh I forgot "I must get a set of wheels and paint the black"

Sorry if I offended litchy, I didn't mean to. Nor do I subscribe to any 'modding bible', just a good old fashioned sense of what looks okay and what doesn't! There's nowt wrong with black wheels either and whilst you may disagree, popularity doesn't necessarily make something boring. Prove me wrong with the 19's!

As with life, not everything appeals to everyone. Not everyone has bought the 197 to go round a track, or drive like a loon.
Each to their own I say!

Very good point d4vpc.
I bought my 197 purely based on looksand had no intention of ever tracking it.

don't forget to order a new set of rubber bands . . . .. sorry i meant tyres lol

Sorry if I offended litchy, I didn't mean to. Nor do I subscribe to any 'modding bible', just a good old fashioned sense of what looks okay and what doesn't! There's nowt wrong with black wheels either and whilst you may disagree, popularity doesn't necessarily make something boring. Prove me wrong with the 19's!

I love this Forum...and none taken. I posted something on the site about leaving well alone....although its bloody amazing, they made 500 of these cars, I live in Bolton and I've already seen bloody 2 of them in LY. Don't want to mess to much with it but equally would like something on here that doesn't look identical to everyone elses.