10.30am on Monday .....

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
I am going for a test drive in the Clio 200 AND the Meg 250 ! They have a white Meg 250 with the Anthracite exterior pack, 19" alloys, daytime running lights and heated leather seats at my local dealer and are getting a 200 in aswell. I have to say, the Meg 250 has never really appealed to me visually but after seeing it in the flesh, I have to admit that it looks pretty good. Roll on Monday !!

You have to wait till Monday?!?! LOL, i'd do my nut in waiting that long, demand one first thing tomorrow :wink:

Lol yeah im actually doing a similar thing tomorrow, but the GF is looking at the twingo and Im taking the 250 for a spin! They have a white full fat in with the superb black and silver alloys on. Ive made it clear that im not gettin one as I enjoy the 197 too much and there is no way I would want to pay the insurance premiums, but the service at the dealers is great and he offered to let me have a go so I would be daft to say no!!!

seems the dealers are ringing round everone with a RS i was offered a blast in the 250 they've got in i have to agree with Muffy they are a good looking car and if times where different i would be tempted

haha i would love to test drive one just for fun but i would feel a right loser for wasting their time:tongueout:

Its not wastin their time im pretty sure they will be grateful of it. Some time off from everything to go for a drive cant be bad lol! I get on really well with one of them and they are more than happy for current owners to have a go!

seems the dealers are ringing round everone with a RS i was offered a blast in the 250 they've got in i have to agree with Muffy they are a good looking car and if times where different i would be tempted

yea my work is offering everyone with a renaultsport a test drive, weve just become a renaultsport specilist aswell which is good

Well, a little disappointed to say the least. But not by the car. Made it clear that I cannot buy for a few months due to uncertainty at work over jobs. Didnt get to test the 200, seemed more interested in trying to flog the higher value 250. So the car had trade plates put on and away we went. Up a dual carridge way, round the roundabout at the other end and back again. Thats it, only in the car for about 5 minutes. 70mph there, 70mph back. No B roads, no twists and turns, no heavy braking :worried: . How they can expect anyone to make a decision based on that is beyond me. I will definately NOT be buying from them. After all the trouble I had trying to buy my R27 from them it is disappointing to see the sales staff have not really improved. On the plus side, the 250 is pretty relaxed at 70mph, cruising at around 2600rpm. Cant really comment on the handling, would have to drive another one to draw any reasonable conclusion. My top tip would be to test one at a dealer that is not near a major A-road, preferably near the countryside somewhere. :worried:

Well I can completely see why you are disappointed with that. There is no way you can make a decision based on 5 mins on a dual carriageway!

whaaaaaat thats abit silly when i tested the clio they demanded back roads i was like abit unsure at the time but they knew thats what would sell me it!:tongueout:

yeah same here, I went to a renault to look at 197's they let me take out two (one cup packed, and one non) and they couldnt do enough for me, he took me down a load of back roads even though its right on a dual carriageway. I properly tanked both of them and after the first he still had a smile on his face taking out the second. Practically egging me on lol

sorry to give you grief (well, friendly banter!) on FB- didn't realise you had posted on here!
Shame they didn't give you a decent drive :worried:
I was let out on my own for as long as I liked when I test drove the 197..can't understand why your drive was soooooo short. Cr*p really, especially in the current climate....

Well, a little disappointed to say the least. But not by the car. Made it clear that I cannot buy for a few months due to uncertainty at work over jobs. Didnt get to test the 200, seemed more interested in trying to flog the higher value 250. So the car had trade plates put on and away we went. Up a dual carridge way, round the roundabout at the other end and back again. Thats it, only in the car for about 5 minutes. 70mph there, 70mph back. No B roads, no twists and turns, no heavy braking :worried: . How they can expect anyone to make a decision based on that is beyond me. I will definately NOT be buying from them. After all the trouble I had trying to buy my R27 from them it is disappointing to see the sales staff have not really improved. On the plus side, the 250 is pretty relaxed at 70mph, cruising at around 2600rpm. Cant really comment on the handling, would have to drive another one to draw any reasonable conclusion. My top tip would be to test one at a dealer that is not near a major A-road, preferably near the countryside somewhere. :worried:

Thatll be the Rainworth bypass then?

Whos the salesman? PM me if you want :smile:

I would guess the problem would have been that you said you didn't have enough to buy one yet... Translates in any salesman's mind as (this isn't going to pay my bonus, so why bother!)

i'd be interested to see if there was any difference if you went back with a suitcase full of notes, and said i'm not sure the megane is for me but I need to spend this money..:biggrin:

I never said I didnt have enough to buy one, I was honest and said I wasnt in a position to buy at the minute because of uncertainty over jobs at work. If I knew I would have a solid job in 2 months time then I would order one to the spec I wanted.