06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

Soo after some thought and relasation i might be needing some new disks and pads soon i decided to go and get some Godspeed 330m J hooked disks with another set of DS1.11s im not in any desperate rush for them but might need them before the ring trip.

Reactions: ///M
Soo after some thought and relasation i might be needing some new disks and pads soon i decided to go and get some Godspeed 330m J hooked disks with another set of DS1.11s im not in any desperate rush for them but might need them before the ring trip.

That’s what i run but with pbs pads they are epic.

I run the rear j hook also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cliosport-carl
And now for one of the vids I'm just finishing another one but half way Rachel's helmet comes free so I had to stop and 're secure it..

glad you had a good time again...looks like you gearbox isnt going to give up just yet :tearsofjoy:

You spoke to soon change the oil for some good stuff and haven't really hammerd it much since cadwell and it's now crunching so looking into a few options on what to do..

You spoke to soon change the oil for some good stuff and haven't really hammerd it much since cadwell and it's now crunching so looking into a few options on what to do..

Get in touch with Rich at Rentune mate. He's absolutely spot on. IIRC £750 for recon box plus new OEM clutch and slave fitted in about 4-5 hours.

update on the box issue i took my dad out to show him the issue and nothing...??? odd however i am still going to be getting a new box just in case.
I have found one near castle combe which i can get re built which would be nice as a spare.

update on the box issue i took my dad out to show him the issue and nothing...??? odd however i am still going to be getting a new box just in case.
I have found one near castle combe which i can get re built which would be nice as a spare.

If you come to collect it let me know man! I’m only 10 mins from Combe so I’ll come out and see you man!

If you come to collect it let me know man! I’m only 10 mins from Combe so I’ll come out and see you man!

its been sold but i am at combe on the 18th regardless for a trackday lol and i am stopping at the crown inn at giddeahall on the Sunday if you wanted to pop in for a drink.

Reactions: Benno
right disks and pads now paid for and on there way thanks to @trackspec197 and will be collecting the spare box tonight thanks to @paskov92 and castle combe just over 2 weeks away everything is coming together nicely

You will love the new set up Carl. You'll have some superb stopping power now between the uprated 2 piece G hook discs, DS1.11 pads, uprated lines and my brake ducts.

I'll send you some new stickers too.

Reactions: Cliosport-carl
You will love the new set up Carl. You'll have some superb stopping power now between the uprated 2 piece G hook discs, DS1.11 pads, uprated lines and my brake ducts.

I'll send you some new stickers too.
yeah i believe so i like that little plug there.. they where a worth while investment and my 2nd time at Donington and the 197 certainly proved that.

With the problems with my box i forgot to mention new handbrake cables from padged went on without a hitch and was well impressed. Now all nice and free the old ones where a bit stuck.. 20180527_122954.jpg

Managed to get a clean in yesterday after moving the gearbox around.. 20180604_110911.jpg

And a quick check over for combe..

20180604_135618.jpg
All nice and clean now.. 20180604_165453.jpg 20180604_165640.jpg

20180604_165536.jpg
Stickers are mounting up nicely.
20180604_165603.jpg

How much rubber can I collect..

20180604_160541.jpg 20180604_160528.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben