06 Albi Blue 197

Given that it is approaching 12m since the car was last serviced, and due to my previous concerned about the A/C (hopefully now resolved), I decided to change the cabin filter. I have had one knocking around for a while so it was just a case of getting around to it.

I read the guides, though they didn't really illustrate quite the extent to which you have to fold yourself up to get into the footwell and get the bloody thing out, or how awkward it is to get the new one in. Not difficult, just fiddly.

Some pics;

2011-05-06002.jpg

2011-05-06003.jpg

Looks like it was due for a change!

Interestingly though both were genuine Renault, the construction was quite different. I am assured this is just due to parts being superseded, and in any case the clean filter must be better than the filthy old thing.

That's pure filth lol! I had mine done at the 4 years service after 31k miles and it was a medium shade of grey. I'd guess yours has never been changed if it's that black

It had been done at some point as the old filter was dated 2007, looks like probably not as part of the last service, 9k ago though, and possibly not as part of the one before that!

Just finished reading your whole thread there from start to finish! Credit to you and the work you have carried out!

Just a quick question about the auto dim mirror. I picked one up out of a breakers from a megane. It has two wires at the back and I'm not sure where to wire these into! Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Cheers, should just be a case of connecting to ignition switched live and earth.

Best of luck!

Cheers! I've got a black wire and a pinkish white wire. Any ideas as to what's live and earth? Id hazzard a guess that black is the earth but I dont want to fry the mirror!

New wheels;

2011-05-21001a.jpg

2011-05-21002a.jpg

2011-05-21003a.jpg

2011-05-21004a.jpg

Actually my 8J Speedies that used to be black; not entirely sure about the shade but it'll do for now - my previous powder coater is having some issues so I went elsewhere and while the service was ok, price not too much more, the shade isn't quite the same as before.

Conti's have a nice slight stretch on the 8J wheels, perhaps not clear from the pics.

I also had a go at fitting the half cage, but gave up and put the seats back in - partly due to running short on time and partly down to having a lot of miles to do this week and I reckon it will be more comfortable with seats blocking some of the noise.

Comments always welcome.

I am not really a fan of black, these were gloss black before. I think it is just the shade of grey/anthracite that I am not entirely sold on.

I really love the speedlines in anthracite. I would say they'd be better a bit darker, they almost seem like a dark storm grey.