Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Didnt pass you did i somewhere on your trip?! I swear i remember seeing a Albi 197 and thinking "i swear thats Yiannis"

Ive just got back from a very similar 2 week trip!

Looks epic mate.

It was you!! Seriously? I saw a LY 200 with english plates (it looked AWESOME) and I was like...''is it Marshall''? I can't believe it mate, small world, were you company with a S2000?

If i knew it was you I would have turned around. There were some roadworks there anyway so you must have stopped by the traffic light.

How was your trip? Any pics?

Some cracking photos! First one is my fav i think

I'd love to do a trip like this

thanks mate, yes do it, it's worth every penny!

Last edited:
Awesome photos, so jealous of your road trip.. I'm down in London on the 7th October, might have some spare time if your about to say hello?

I'll pm you my number and can let you know when I'm about. I should be free from around 10.30

What part of London are you?

It was you!! Seriously? I saw a LY 200 with english plates (it looked AWESOME) and I was like...''is it Marshall''? I can't believe it mate, small world, were you company with a S2000?

If i knew it was you I would have turned around. There were some roadworks there anyway so you must have stopped by the traffic light.

How was your trip? Any pics?

thanks mate, yes do it, it's worth every penny!

Ah yes it was right before we got to the roadworks where the light stayed red for 5 minutes!

Yup, red S2000, white low Polo and a 306 Cabriolet!

Trip was mega. 13 days is a long time though. Covered 2979 miles overall. Weather was predominantly ****e but Monaco made up for it.

Loads of photos but not had chance to sort them yet. I will do though.

I can't believe it mate, from all the roads right?? This is what I call small world...

13 days is long indeed, we did 10 days (Friday-Sunday) and we were knackered when we arrived in London. The fact that it was raining and we were doing 50mhp because we didn't have any thread on the tyres didn't help either.

Weather wise, well, we did Susten and furka pass on the wet (have I mentioned fog??) but next day the sun was shining so we decided to do Furka again the opposite direction which was mental! We also did the col de turin in the wet but we weren't worried because at the time the state of our tyres was spot on. So apart from 1 and a half days the weather was really nice so I guess we were lucky. Having said that, the weather last year was spot on (apart from a bit of snow on the top of stelvio).

2751 miles overall. Already planning next years haha!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Yianni, honest opinion required please buddy.

the 8x17" OZ's, how do you feel with these on the road?
still hold well, no tramlining or worrying moments?

as you are probably aware, these for me are to be track wheels, but dont want wheels that make the handling a little 'awkward' at times.

ive just had a mate make contact, he can get a set to me by the weekend if i pay today, which is ideal ahead of my ring trip.
but, dont want to dive in with both feet and find its not so great in that enviroment.

Cheers

I can't believe it mate, from all the roads right?? This is what I call small world...

13 days is long indeed, we did 10 days (Friday-Sunday) and we were knackered when we arrived in London. The fact that it was raining and we were doing 50mhp because we didn't have any thread on the tyres didn't help either.

Weather wise, well, we did Susten and furka pass on the wet (have I mentioned fog??) but next day the sun was shining so we decided to do Furka again the opposite direction which was mental! We also did the col de turin in the wet but we weren't worried because at the time the state of our tyres was spot on. So apart from 1 and a half days the weather was really nice so I guess we were lucky. Having said that, the weather last year was spot on (apart from a bit of snow on the top of stelvio).

2751 miles overall. Already planning next years haha!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Lol my tyres are also worrying low...not to mention the chunks of tread missing!

The first 4 days or so were spent in the pouring rain and put a real downer on things. Then we made our way up a pass and the fog was so bad you couldnt see the car infront. No doubt missed out on some amazing views. Napoleon was the best i think. Sun out, roads clear, all cars being driven HARD! Loved it....until you look down and realise you'd have a long time to think about hitting the ground before you do so if it all went wrong!!

Furka we got lucky. 2 years ago it was shut. Massive amounts of snow. This year we got to the top, and the barrier was closed. Guy said it wouldnt be opening all day...yet the sun was out, and the roads looked clear. We made lunch and some bikers came through. Opened the gate for them and they said the roads are perfect. So they held the gates for us and up we went. Purely stunning. However. We were staying in Zurich and the next pass we wanted to do was engulfed in fog big time. Ended up on a train through the mountain rather than driving all the way round!!

Hi Kelv.

Well, I don't know if you've read my thread mate but if you haven't i have only 1 thing to say. I'm totally obsessed with the handling of the car to a great extend hence the extra attention on a road car (ASTs, antiroll bars, top mounts, shims, raising steering racks etc). I wouldn't do anything - and I mean anything - to affect it, even at the slightest, no matter how well the wheels or anything else looked etc

I did a massive research prior to ordering (spent hours to figure out how offset - or altering it - affects handling in general, and in our case the difference is noticeable, from ET68 to ET55). I kept asking people who had OZs and i also had a talk with Mark fish regarding this issue. Everything looked promising however.....

I still wasn't happy with it because I kept asking to myself why Renault decided to go with such stupid offset. I eventually (after months of searching and asking) decided to go for them and I was ok with the idea of selling them straight away if i wasn't entirely happy with their effect on the car's dynamics. (I did the same with the H&R springs which they went off the car the month after).

Trust me when I say it, the wheels are fine. I didn't notice any difference whatsoever, on the other hand the car feels lighter on its feet (unsprung weight etc) and the steering better. The fact that Renault fits OZs (alleggeritas) at a special edition (not here in the UK) adds some extra ''peace of mind''

When are you going away? Fancy meeting up and have a go in my car?

Last edited:
Lol my tyres are also worrying low...not to mention the chunks of tread missing!

The first 4 days or so were spent in the pouring rain and put a real downer on things. Then we made our way up a pass and the fog was so bad you couldnt see the car infront. No doubt missed out on some amazing views. Napoleon was the best i think. Sun out, roads clear, all cars being driven HARD! Loved it....until you look down and realise you'd have a long time to think about hitting the ground before you do so if it all went wrong!!

Furka we got lucky. 2 years ago it was shut. Massive amounts of snow. This year we got to the top, and the barrier was closed. Guy said it wouldnt be opening all day...yet the sun was out, and the roads looked clear. We made lunch and some bikers came through. Opened the gate for them and they said the roads are perfect. So they held the gates for us and up we went. Purely stunning. However. We were staying in Zurich and the next pass we wanted to do was engulfed in fog big time. Ended up on a train through the mountain rather than driving all the way round!!

Oh mate gutted for you, it looks you have a bad luck re weather...oh well, at least you did Furka!

And you are so right when you say you'd have a long time to think before hitting the ground lol! I run out of brake pedal the first day and tbh I'm really glad about that because thankfully it didn't happen in the Alps at 3000m on a tight downhill hairpin if you know what I mean...

Yianni, if i had more time i would say thats a great idea, and thank you.
but, with a new born, a few bits to conquer on the trailer before we hit the road, and breaking the Trophy at present aswell (people turning up daily to collect bits) and trying to get the R27 ready, ive got a challenge on my hands in regards to spare time, and we hit the road early/mid next week.

just had a little chat with my wheel supplying friend, going to get them ordered once we get back from the trip, hopefully by then the AST's wont be so far away either, and fit them all as a little package.
it seems a bit daft to try and add to my task list at this stage.

ill certainly make contact and nip up once ive returned :smile:

I haven't got a camera (yet) therefore no on board videos (gift list for xmas??), however my mate has got one mounted on the roll bar so he did some filming when on our trip. However, the camera is pants, is an old model camcorder with a cassette (filming in 1fps lol) so excuse the quality!

Here is a short video when he is following me at the Great St Bernard pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scuF_cIowI

So I've had the car for nearly 3 years and I had never detailed it, up until yesterday. Mark (X82) from here did the job and I have to admit he did a smashing one, very happy with the results and pricing wise nowhere near the detailing rates. Top notch products used and great attention to detail. All in all the work consisted of washing, claying, machine polishing with a specific pad that removed the nastier scratches, then swapping to a different pad for deep shine and waxing. 8 hours work on the car and I have to say that pictures don't do it justice!

A bit unlucky with the weather though because it started raining before we applied the wax so we had to move the car into the garage and carry out the rest of the work under the light of a smart phone lol! So no pictures after waxing but I got some after finishing the polishing sessions.

10543819263_82899f80ac_b.jpg
AST'd Clio R27 Detailed by YiannisR27, on Flickr
10543599625_8f9bc50aca_b.jpg
10543643804_2bed240551_b.jpg
10543610366_0b8f0c199f_b.jpg
10543615036_2710d70d68_b.jpg
10543619155_95817527d5_b.jpg