would he notice?

my mate left his car on my drive yesterday before we went out for a few shandys,i woke up this morning,opened the blinds and thought,hmmm,would he notice if i was to just swap the motors,hahaha! just pondering on the future basically,the plan was to get my car paid off (another 21 months) then start again with a focus RS,but there is a part of me thinking meg engine,fully forged big turbo version,if RS Tuning can get 511bhp from one of these motors,what would that feel like in a clio,what do u think lads?

7353540580_166fb83663_b.png
my new motor? by scott1532, on Flickr

500 horses in a clio would be epic... As for swapping your engine with your mates meg, how funny would that be when he takes the car away and phones you to say 'I must have been hammered last night mate, the meg feels right slow"

Think IF (big if) I kept mine for another year, then Meg engine would have to be a consideration. Big Power = Big Money. 5 grand conversion and I'm sure its around 10 grand+ to build Pauls engine.

Would love to see a 500bph clio would be mad.. the only issue is how the feck do u put the power down lol:thumbsup:

Would love to see a 500bph clio would be mad.. the only issue is how the feck do u put the power down lol:thumbsup:

if you had the conversion done right you could limit torque/power in the lower gears to preserve tyres and gearbox....

my mate left his car on my drive yesterday before we went out for a few shandys,i woke up this morning,opened the blinds and thought,hmmm,would he notice if i was to just swap the motors,hahaha! just pondering on the future basically,the plan was to get my car paid off (another 21 months) then start again with a focus RS,but there is a part of me thinking meg engine,fully forged big turbo version,if RS Tuning can get 511bhp from one of these motors,what would that feel like in a clio,what do u think lads?

7353540580_166fb83663_b.png
my new motor? by scott1532, on Flickr

The focus RS is a very nice motor but a 511bhp in your motor would be nuts!It would be a good project and would be your type of thing to do.There is loads of focus RS's out there pushing 500+bhp and not many clio's.or and how am i meant to keep up with you if your pushing 500+bhp!!!!ha!

If you was to highly tune a Megane engine and put in a Clio then you would seriously have to consider either converting it to RWD or 4WD as big power and FWD don't mix very well usually!

I've never really been into turbos but being realistic and the price of N/A tuning for our cars i think the meg engine swop is the only real way forward.

As the cars become cheaper, the meganes become cheaper i can see this conversion being really popular in the future.

In like 3 or 4 years time i can see loads of converted cars on here then people will try and push that envolope further by modifying more and more and the likes of 400/500bhp will be, not common place but there'll be a good few like that.