ffs just noticed this . . .

20130413_101813_zps7c11c0cb.jpg

god knows when or how its happened, may of been there a while and ive only just noticed it, just like its flaked off, no sign of a dent or anything,

what should i do? would it be worth nipping to a dealer to see what they have to say?

i thought that at first, its not inline, ive just checked its a few mm away, never in my owership have the wipers been touched maybe it always been there and ive never noticed befor, even if it was the wipers its quite a pi** poor design and surely itd have to hit with a bit of force to do that?, dont know what to do about this

Last edited:
Looks like its definitely from the wipers to me,its happened to a fair few,I'd try a touch up stick,it's not in a noticeable place so you'll probably get away with touching it in

My last AG did that and it was caused but the wiper arms hitting the back of the bonnet when you pull them up if you were washing the car

did you touch it up melvin?

No I couldn't find any touch up paint, I put some clear nail polish on the exposed metal just to protect it and stop it getting worse. Sorry I can't be of any more help it bugged the **** out of me when I found it!:worried:

just nipped to renault and found that out, i dont mind if its not a 100% match just something to cover it, clear varnish may be the way forward with this

just nipped to renault and found that out, i dont mind if its not a 100% match just something to cover it, clear varnish may be the way forward with this

Green electrical tape :wink: haha
The varnish worked fine with me tbh you never really see it unless you're looking for it but I don't think my bit was as big as that maybe half the size but at both bits on the bonnet where the wipers are

annoys me tbh!

Can't put them up while washing...

Mates putting them up for a laugh - piss take!

Don't understand how they couldn't of designed them to not catch?

Do they catch on a 250/265? Thinking of trading in...

I actually found a mark like this on my car last week, and I know its not something that I've done. But as suggested maybe it was someone thinking they were being smart and trying to put the wipers up.

They're designed that way for pedestrian impact safety.

What a load of old sh!t.