Windscreen washer jets

Cheers mate, mine are on way. :smile:

Edit:
[MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION]

Actually mine have come today, ordered through my old mans eBay so didn't see the package. :smiley:

Last edited:
Does the bonnet felt just pull off, and if the cups don't have it, what's the benefit in re-installing it? I wondering if I can be bothered to do this in the rain.

FYI Chris the ones in the link arrived today. They are labelled Lancia / Fiat / Alfa Romeo as [MENTION=4792]Paddy_R[/MENTION] describes. So should be even better again :smile:.

Should have said, the Fiat/alfa/Lancia ones need 'trimmed' to fit properly. Not hard to do with a sharp craft knife or similar.

Well sorry to report but they were a waste of money.

Trimmed them so they were in there tight, but they still don't feel secure in there, and theres a small gap between them and the bonnet, so water is just going to get into the bay.

Hope you all have better luck than me.

Btw [MENTION=48019]pu11y[/MENTION], 4 little poppers that come up then the felt just comes out.

Well sorry to report but they were a waste of money.

Trimmed them so they were in there tight, but they still don't feel secure in there, and theres a small gap between them and the bonnet, so water is just going to get into the bay.

Hope you all have better luck than me.

Btw @pu11y, 4 little poppers that come up then the felt just comes out.

Ah **** mate. Was about to have a go fitting them. I'll leave it for now.

Hi again thought I would carry this one instead of starting a new thread. I really can't get these out does anyone have pictures of how to get these out?

I' m thinking of removing them completely I never spray, I have a water repellant treatment so no need to spray. ....mmm

I' m thinking of removing them completely I never spray, I have a water repellant treatment so no need to spray. ....mmm
You will have MOT issues if you go nd remove them.
Hi again thought I would carry this one instead of starting a new thread. I really can't get these out does anyone have pictures of how to get these out?
The should be pretty straightforward, what have you tried so far?

Try using the flat edge of a screwdriver / knife, basically anything flat and solid, on the bottom of the jets, that will help pop them out

About a year ago I installed Dacia Logan 2 nozzles on my 197. It was pretty much a plug&play job. There was no need for trimming and the nozzles sit perfectly on the bonnet curvature.
Clio 3 vs. Logan 2 nozzles:
View attachment 11302

The spray angle is spot-on. They work great at low and medium speed and are still usable at high speeds:

I also installed a one way valve on the washer fluid circuit in order to reduce the delay between the time you pull the lever and when the fluid comes out of the nozzles. I placed it very close tot the nozzles and just before the fluid line splits.
So...following what reported by @r_vlad I looked for Dacia Logan/Sandero nozzles, and found the part number 289308338R; I then ordered two Maxgear 27-0637, that should match the OE part.

Well...as expected they fit perfectly. BUT...the water jet does not even reach the windscreen :micah:

Now I'm stuck wondering if it's the non-OEM part that's crap (they're admittedly far too cheap at less than 1.5 € each) or if it's actually the wrong part number.

Any ideas?

Well, with the standard nozzles I get semi-decent jets when not traveling too fast, so I think everything is fine from that side.

I really don’t know what’s best to try…the Citroen C2 nozzles from ebay seem to be quite a hit and miss and even the best ones don’t work really well at higher speeds (this is my understanding from reading this and other threads, at least); OEM Dacia/Renault with the part number that I have found are quite expensive and still I'm not sure if they will be better than the "Maxgear" I tried...