Windscreen washer jets

Having abit of bother with my windscreen washer jets.

One side is perfect and the other (drivers side) one hole doesn't reach the windscreen just dribbles, and the other is too powerful and goes almost to the top of the screen, checked for dirt/grime with a pin, still the same.

Anyone ever taken these out from the bonnet, where could I disconnect to check/clean the hoses through properly?

Cheers.

Sounds like a good blockage have you tried the Old needle poke in??
I presume you need to remove the bonnet cover to get them off and check if it's there or in the connection were the two lines split

As Roy says, most probably wax in the nibs.

Good way to unblock them is to disconnect one end of the tube and connect it to a foot pump then pump air through and it should unblock the nibs.

Jets simply clip into the bonnet so come out easy enough, hardest part is removing under bonnet felt, four plastic clips/lugs hold that in.

Unless you have a cup, no cover on those.

The Renault washers are pish.. I replaced mine with Citroen zsara washer jets which provide a much finer mist that fills the screen. Only cost around £8

Not bad to be honest, the jet is concentrated lower down the screen at speed but the wipers soon move it to cover the screen. They are still better.

They use less water too so you don't have to keep filling the washer bottle like you doo with the Renault ones.

I just hate the OEM jets, when going >60mph they are just to weak (like they have low pressure) to spray the middle of the windscreen, instead they spray the bottom. But when driving <50mph they spray like they are supposed to. The worst jets I had on any car.

They suck.

I would change them this instance if there was a better alternative.

They look different to mine. The nozzle that the hose clips onto looks like it's at an angle. Mine were straight down and it didn't have the plastic lug next to the nozzle.

I did have to shave a bit of plastic from the lugs on the nozzle but other than that they were a straight pop in job.

Mine look like these..

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=320381377004&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=06637230112

That'd be my luck, i sprayed my diesel clio bonnet a week or so ago and took out the washer jets, they seemed to have been this shape.

O well, they'll fit that if they don't fit the 197 :swear:

I just hate the OEM jets, when going >60mph they are just to weak (like they have low pressure) to spray the middle of the windscreen, instead they spray the bottom. But when driving <50mph they spray like they are supposed to. The worst jets I had on any car.

They suck.

I would change them this instance if there was a better alternative.

BUMP

Are those Citroen ones better?

I had the ones Fernandez linked to but I could not get them to fit correctly, even after shaping them. I think the ones linked by 930Tech if I remember correctly are more in the shape of the ones already on the car.

Mines all fitted now.

nozzles008.jpg

Just needed to trim a small ammount from the clip that holds it in.

nozzles0077.jpg

Excuse my microsoft paint skills :s

A being the renault one, B being the citroen one with the arrow pointing to the part needing trimming, C being a citroen one trimmed down ready to fit.

As you try to fit them you'll notice you have to just take the square edges off the other side to fit into the renault hole.