White Clio 200 cup pack

So... The clio sold within 3 days of advertising. It's gone to a good home. The owner of PPM in Milton Keynes. It will be used as his personal track car and hopefully be visiting the Nurburgring a fair few times! (yes, seats and bonnet pins will be sorted for the ring) Here's a pic of it arriving at it's new home..

IMG_9639.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it will be missed for sure but after picking my new car up I've completely fallen for it which has made getting rid of the clio not so hard.. So here's the new car! It's a mega spec! :smile:

IMG_9623.jpg

Megane 250 cup
350bhp/350 torque with graphs from RS tuning.
Rs tuning hybrid turbo
Uprated injectors
Airtec FMIC
Full decat exhaust scorpion/ktec.
Cae shifter
Braided brake lines
Carbon Loraine pads front, ds2500 rear.
K tec induction
KW v3 coilovers
OZ alloys
stud conversion
Half leather/alcantara recaros with leather rear seats and Custom made k tec seat mounts so they sit lower and more stiff.

No doubt I've missed quite a few bits but anyway you get the point.. Absolutely love the thing and it pulls like an absolute animal. If you're interested in the sound of it have a listen for yourself.. :tongueout: LOVE IT!!!!! (My dad said it flashed a lot of flames on the drive home from collecting it haha)

I've put black badge covers on it and booked it in for a

No real plans apart from steering wheel retrim. It's really a lovely setup car. Perfect balance of road/track car. Sounds absolutely epic. Might go back to RS Tuning for a map tweek/new induction as Paul said I will get small gains from it. Apart from that just to maintain it & enjoy! :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
New meg looks and sounds awesome Stu! Glad you're happy with it and it's made selling the Clio a bit easier - it looks like it's gone to a good home and will have nice company in that garage!

Did you have to bend the Subframe or take any of it away to get this to fit right?

You will likely need to grind a small lip of the subframe away; inline with the manifold. This will help insure no knocking ! Grind before fitting, re-paint to protect. 10 min job......

The reason the flexi's go in the original manifold; has alot to do with excess movement from soft engine mounts. After fitting new aftermarket manifold......fitting uprated powerflex engine gearbox bushes will stop the movement drastically and help to protect the new manifold / flexi :smile:

****I did this and had ZERO knocking / problems EVER.

However:

It is also possible to crank the engine forward on its mounts very slightly; which will increase the gap between manifold and subframe and give you more clearance.

Reactions: Ckzzz
You will likely need to grind a small lip of the subframe away; inline with the manifold. This will help insure no knocking ! Grind before fitting, re-paint to protect. 10 min job......

The reason the flexi's go in the original manifold; has alot to do with excess movement from soft engine mounts. After fitting new aftermarket manifold......fitting uprated powerflex engine gearbox bushes will stop the movement drastically and help to protect the new manifold / flexi :smile:

****I did this and had ZERO knocking / problems EVER.

However:

It is also possible to crank the engine forward on its mounts very slightly; which will increase the gap between manifold and subframe and give you more clearance.

I'm in the process of changing the engine mounts, I do have them all I just haven't put them in yet - I'm wondering whether or not I'll get away with not grinding it down or whether it's very likely that it will knock with the Powerflex mounts :search:

So... looks like i'm coming back to a Renault sport. I didn't keep this thread updated. I sold the Meg not long after getting it just because I didn't find it that fun and it struggled like hell to put any power down. After the meg I had a JCW mini which I too only had for a short while and then I got a 2.5 litre wrx sti hawkeye type uk which I still have no (hopefully being purchased this week coming) Anyway...

I'm picking up a new car this Friday coming. A 200t edc. White, black wheels, red callipers and only 12k miles on the clock.
Not too many plans for it lol though I have already booked it in for exhaust at EMP on the same day as I pick it up. Springs by Eibach and a remap from RS tuning just to give it a bit more GO! Really looking forward to it as it seems like a nice car to drive on road when you're just wanting to plod along then a little track weapon at the same time :smile: Off to Nurburgring in August too so look forward to giving a good thrashing there :smile:

Will update with pics etc when I collect the car!

Feels good to be back :smile:

minren_zps0spzthjh.jpg

ev05g_zpssaun0lk2.jpg

Last edited:
Out of interest what made you part with the JCW? I've always had a soft spot for them and have thought about one as a daily in the future.