White Clio 200 cup pack

great pics..looks like you have finally turned it into a track car..looks great and i bet it turns much better as well..

Cheers guys [MENTION=30189]jamesgw200[/MENTION] [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] - yeah I'm really happy with the way it's performing

I ignored the sound limits for the last 2 laps to get a good time in :tongueout:

Haha, that's what happened to me with my old exhaust (99dB static), it failed the drive-by so had a self imposed limit of 6.5k for the day - but at the very end of the day I went full bore too!! :giggle:

So decided it was time the car went in for new clutch & gearbox to be sorted. Been getting the third gear crunch for a while now! Been a bit of a pain finding a company to refurb the box including one company wanting to swap my 200 box for a 197 box -.- Looks like i'm now going to be getting my box fixed at Jade Developments. Box taken out tomorrow & then off to be fixed! Can't wait to drive my car without a crunchy gearbox :tongueout: Should be ready in time for my track day at Snetterton in December :smiley: Bonnet pins being fitted too while it's in having the gearbox done.

IMG_4919.jpg

So since i last posted i collected my car from having the gearbox & clutch done. Also whilst it was there i got more interior parts stripped & bonnet pins fitted too! My gearbox was done by Sean at Jade Developments who i have to say his work is truly quality! Repaired & Strengthened the gearbox and now it's running lovely again! All the fitting etc was done by Chris at Beaniesport who i use all the time and again his work is fantastic! Just after getting it back i decided to book a track day at Snetterton 300. I thought i wouldn't stand much chance there with the long straights but out of about 40 cars i was easily one of the fastest out there! Couldn't believe how well the car performed and the confidence i had in the corners. Treated the car to some good cleaning bits and now just to maintain it through the winter for my next track day at Snetterton again in February. Also my girlfriend has got me something for Christmas that's "car related" so looking forward to that! :smiley:

12355234_10153108806672610_1691453659_n.jpg

IMG_5054_1.jpg

12309903_206699062997265_3036301893998712955_o.jpg

Funny how your last car is the polar opposite of this one pretty much haha!

Yep it was indeed. Corsa was my first car and unfortunately learnt that the scene group wasn't for me. I only really did it as I had a passion to modify my car but could only afford a small engine car. Once the insurance came down it was onto performance/track :smiley:

Haha! Yes dont really get the undriveable scene cars lol!

How long you planning on keeping the clio?

Haha! Yes dont really get the undriveable scene cars lol!

How long you planning on keeping the clio?

haha mine was OK as it was on air so I could just make the drive height nice & high for speed bumps and lower it after :wink: the camber on the back was a bit much though! Plan on keeping the Clio for a while as I love Renault sports. My dad owned a nimbus grey 197 and a LY 197 f1 and now a megane 230. Grown up with them and think they're great fun to drive. :smile:

Yeah but still never handle like one of these lol.

that camber is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen lol!!

good to hear mate :smile:

So a little update as a few bits arrived in the post! First of all i've been getting a rather annoying squeaking from my front brakes after my last track day. Cleaned them out etc but still doing it so just decided it was a good excuse to buy some new discs & pads :smiley: Went from drilled & grooved:

12399274_10153130174922610_1471032094_n.jpg

After these i decided as i'm doing more & more track time i wanted to get some different tyres. I decided to order a set of Yokohama AD08r's as i've heard nothing but good feedback about them.

Neova-tyre.jpg

So my plan was to get these tyres and put them on my team dynamics and sell my Goodyear eagle f1s as they still have loads of life in them. Then i stumbled across some OZ Ultraleggeras for sale so quickly contacted the chap selling to make sure i could have them before anyone else did! Only problem i have now is that the chap i've sold my Team Dynamics to wants them on the 27th/28th and my tyres don't look likely to be here until the new year so my car may have to go on axle stands for a short while :'( Arranged a courier to pick up my OZ's to which they turned up too early for collection so they weren't ready and the driver said he'd come back later in the day, which he didn't.. So the seller kindly agreed to meet me half way so after a 5 hour trip last night i got them back! Today i've sealed them with Autofinesse mint rims wax and now they're ready for the tyres when they get here! Can't wait to get them on with the new brakes & tyres and get out on track in Feb at Snetterton!

12435595_10153130174772610_208984398_n.jpg