What do we think... (new pic added page 2)

Matt197

South West Rep
of a black roof on a racing blue with white wheels?

Thinking about buying some black vinyl and wrapping the roof, but not sure what it will look like.

Anyone want to PS me a picture? Will take a good one tomorrow.

In my opinion, too many colours for a car. I'm really special with colours, and I don't like black roofs or bonnets, as it seems the cheap way of getinng some carbon fiber lookalike, like M3's roof or any carbon fiber bonnets.

That's just my opinion, as I have a nimbus grey 197 with white speedlines, and they are not to everyones taste, but in your car I would really love it with just white wheels, It would look amazing.

hmm... cheap way but effective turu, especially if there are no parts in this part of the world m8 :smile: and bringing them in will cost even more than +vat, no offence bro :smile:

I completely understand it tho, is like people that likes black rims, I do not like them at all, but if people likes them, is totally fine with me, and as I said, is just an opinion, that's why the colours were made, to choose between them :wink:

Edit: In spain we can have a carbon fiber roof, but is 1000 € + fitting, so, of course, that would be in the lower part of things to do of 99% of people here... Just not worth it, and, at that price, if I'd like it, I would paint the roof black too and spend the money on other important things...

Last edited:
hehehe true true.

i think blue + carbon black might work though. :smile: but your car nimbus + carbon black should be good!

Im not talking about doing it in carbon, just a gloss black like what the new 200 can be specked in.

I like black and think it would go well with my gloss black from grills and eventually a gloss black 200 diffuser if I ever find one that’s cheap.

Here is a picture to work from, if someone would be nice enough to do me a PS.

P1000397.gif

i think if your gonna vinyl your roof, it shoudl at least match the wheels dude.

a good pal of mine had a mk3 golf in a nice blue, he vinyled his roof in an off white (almost cream) and painted the wheels to match. Looked really really good.

but as said its personal preferance, im going for a bright like RS or alien green with my black 197. some people wont like, some people will :thumbsup:

an if it looks :whatever:, u jus take it off :smile:

I think if you did the roof black then you should also do the handles and trim bit black so that there's a bit of a theme colour wise rather than having blue, black, white and silver on the car. I'm a bit of a mard when it comes to colours matching like Turu has already said. But, I do think it'd look pretty smart with a gloss black roof and if you're planning other gloss black parts in the future then it'll match up well.

have to agree with the others Matt,

ideally you want to stick to just 2 colour combos or it might look like you are unsure on what your trying to acheive,

black roof = black wheels,

white wheels = white roof,

etc, etc,

but if we all done the same thing then whats the point in that, lol :smile:

thats only what i think. :blowup:

Ye good point lads, blue, white and black is a bit odd I must admit. Even more so when I have red stitching on the steering wheel and yellow stitched car mats lol.

Don’t like the idea of a white roof though lol

The plan was to get another set of black speedlines at some point but they are hard to get hold of with out buying from a dealer.

Wish I had a LY car now, that would look awesome with black wheels and black roof.

ok ok ok, if not the roof what about a black spoiler like the one jas and chapo have or the cup spoiler, what do you think about that?

Any suggestions welcome, just don’t say white lol

:driveby:

I think your colour blue should have Gordini off centre, twin, thin, white body stripes! I see a 182 park in Coseley with that and IMO it looks great!

Just another idea?

Renault-Clio-Gordini-200.jpg

Think I have a plan, going to change the wheels to satin black get the roof and mirror caps done in gloss black and have a cup spoiler also in black.

Should look like a mean mofo then.

Not the best of PS but gives me an idea of what it should look like, but is missing the spolier.

P1000397.gif
P10003972.gif
P10003973.gif

Last edited:
Love the stripes! The roof looks good too. Will be good to see the pics when it's all done.

i like the black roof but not with the white wheels it would look better with black wheels imo you try it with black stripes aswell just an idea, black roof black whells and black stripes???