Victim of Road Rage

This is why I keep a fire extinguisher at hand lol, 1kg of dry powder to the face will incapacitate the burliest of angry men :wink:

Unfortunately this stuff is becoming all too common, I blame it mainly on immigrants who have little regard for our stronger road conduct.

I had this the other day.. I was pulling off a sliproad on to the motorway at 70mph.. whilst pulling off the slip road I passed someone in the middle lane (3 lane motorway) just as I was about to join so they obviously weren't doing the speed limit.. I saw someone in my mirrors on the inside lane and it looked like they where just cruising so I pulled on to the motorway.. The guy decided to nail it up behind me and start flashing his lights (undertaking the guy who was driving in the middle lane).. now I was doing 70mph on the digital speedo (76mph on the analogue speedo) so I assume I was nearly bang on 70 he however was either doing 80-90 at the rate of knots he caught up to me..

I just shrugged and held one hand up to apologise for making him slow down even though I wasn't in the wrong to just try and keep any moaning at the minimum. He felt the need to drive up beside me and give me the ****** sign once again I shrugged. He then dropped behind me and started to flash his lights again for some reason.. I took my foot off the accelerator and just let the speed drop naturally as he was so close to me if I had to brake harshly for any reason he was in my boot.

He continued flashing and driving ever so close to me.. at 50mph or so he got the idea and I cruised on along and came off at the slip road. He then pulled up beside me and wound his window down and started shouting stuff.. by this stage I'd had enough and put my window down and he said "I've your number plate I'm calling the police you w4nker".. I said to him him "No problem mate - please tell them to come round to my house so I can replay the footage from the front and back cameras on my car" I could see the blood fall from his face. He then felt the need to wheel spin off in front of me through a red light?!

Anyway all this happened at 6:30am. I've not heard from the police.

p.s. I've no camera(s) on my car - I wanted to see what he'd say :smile:

Last edited:
Possible consequences are just not worth it. I try to keep telling myself this but sometimes people's behaviour makes your blood boil.

I got to know a couple of local guys through work a few years back. One had a slight limp that I'd never asked about. The other explained to me how this was the result of being stabbed in a road rage incident locally. He only explained this after he'd witnessed me giving another driver a hand signal, and asked me what I was prepared to do if the worst came to the worst.

Always try and remind myself of that, but don't always succeed!

Tom you need to go to the Police just in case you see him again

They'd probably have him for going the wrong way round a roundabout :mellow:

Well done for keeping your cool though, i probably would have lost it and gone and got the hammer from the boot.

They'd probably have him for going the wrong way round a roundabout :mellow:

Well done for keeping your cool though, i probably would have lost it and gone and got the hammer from the boot.

Mitigating circumstances I'm sure, he was fleeing the possibility of assault.

I had a situation a few years back. Cleanly went around someone on a two lane carriage way and then indicated left and made the maneuvore with plenty of room I front of what I can only describe as an utter muppet in a Range Rover. He didn't take too kindly to this as about 100m up the road the two lanes become one. Just as it becomes a single lane road he speeds pasts me cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes so hard it forces me to do an emergency stop pretty much. I was so close to hitting his bumper! He hops out the car extremely quickly and he was a big guy. 6ft + and easily carrying 17st on him. Now for me being a 5ft 8 short arse I didn't like the look of it. I crack the window about 3 and a half inches to hear what he has to say and without any hesitation he trips to jab me. I just slowly rocked my head to the side so as to avoid this plebs attempt at hitting me.

Put it I'm reverse and drove off. All the while his misses was hanging out the window screaming " You effing w@nker ! "

Still remember his number plate to this day :smiley:

I had this EXACT same thing. I was in my 197, over took a Range Rover, he didn't like it, got out in the middle of the road and I reversed and drove off! I didn't let him get close enough to hit me though. He was build like a brick toilet!

Number plate was BO55 ??? My missus saw it the other day, which is strange, cause this happened about 2 years ago.

This is crazy! I've never seen or been involved in anything like this, I've been sworn at and have swore at people but had never escalated beyond that. I hope it never does cuz I'm tiny and would more likely than not get hurt lol.

Silly people, makes you wonder what goes through their head.

Never had anything like that happen to me but then I do find its more relaxed driving down this way to up country. I do get people pulling out on me, tailgating and generally thinking they can bully you out the way mostly in big range rovers however I just let them get on with it now days not even worth raising a finger.

However I cant say I would just drive away if someone was blocking my path though, I can be a little unpredictable when the adrenaline is pumping. What you need is a telescopic baton and flick it open as you walk towards them and watch them **** a brick or two :smiley:

On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons why I would like to have a in car camera.

On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons why I would like to have a in car camera.

I have this fitted in my car: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/In-car-ca...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item589fdac924 yes I'm sure there are better dash cams out there but at £25 you can't go wrong and the quality of the picture isn't too bad at all. It starts recording when I start the car, stops 5 seconds after I turn it off. I've it mounted on the back of the rear view mirror where you can't see it from the drivers seat and have run the power cable so the only bit you can see is the 2 inches from the roof to the back of the mirror. Couldn't recommend it enough really.