Turbo Clio 200 prices

As a 197/200 owner, do you THINK you would buy a 200T based on current knowledge?

• Total voters
I think that's a bit harsh! Subaru has been diluting the Impreza range for years now. Once they quit rallying, it was only a matter of time.

Fair point, although I loved the hatch and I'd happily have a WRX Sti tomorrow. The lower models though (especially the boxer diesel) were weak, I'd hardly call the WRX, WRX Sti, and CS400 soft.

I suppose you could say that the BMW M135i costing the same/less than an STI hatch was the nail in the coffin though.

Edit: Part of me (a very small part) is glad they finished Rally just to stop chavs and morons plastering everything with a Subaru badge in knock off 555 graphics. I'm already dreading the day I see a BRZ with them on...

Why not though. All new owners, so say anyone thats the first owner of a 200 since its release, get sent a letter to generate hype and really push the new RS model on existing RS fans.

They're going to have to try and appease existing RS fans somehow. Lets be honest its hardly like the car has come in for a lot of praise in the RS community so far.

Giving people a test drive, holding out an olive branch and hoping they'll rave about how good it is on the forums would be exactly the kind of PR they need right now. That's provided people DO like the car though...

Think its very likely that if you bought your car from a main dealer then you'll get a letter. I know that the dealer i got mine from has already got dates etc of when they're getting th enew 200T and will be sending me a notification of when i can book a test drive.

This +++++++ :german:

What makes this harder is that the germans are dropping the prices of the base models (think new 135) so would you have a no frills BMW or a fully loaded Renault with residuals that are going to fall off a cliff?

i think bmw have priced that up like a loss leader - to capture some of the hothatch market they never had before...its still more ugly than clio4!!!

Very Very true. The new multi car (MQB) platform developed by the VAG group is going to not only allow them to give great quality low(er) cost cars, but also provide good specs on their models across the range which will make them very hard to compete with. And the BMW M135 has already killed off the Subaru Impreza/WRX whatever you want to call it. :worried:

I really have got my fingers crossed for the next couple of years for Renault. They really need a strong product line up to be able keep going. Personally I'd much rather see Peugeot drop off out of the three French car firms. Citroen can and have made some very interesting cars of late (DS range in particular), Renault I'm obviously very biassed about, but Peugeot seem to just keep churning out ugly, hateful, sh!t buckets. Here's a test, go on the Peugeot website (wait an hour for it to load) and try and find a car on there you'd be seen dead in. Good luck :smiley:

that mqb chassis.....under pinning all those cars - all the same underneath but costing ££££ more depending what badge it has....bit of a rip off me thinks :thumbdown:

Not really, I read somewhere that they used the cost saved on having to develop a platform just for the A3 meant they could get fancy with the interior trims, and loads of lighter more expensive materials in the front panels. So what your getting us a better car for the same money you would have to pay either way.

It's not just a case of develop one chassis, then cash in on the cost savings. Though there's always going to be some "business sense" in where the cost savings go I suppose.

Not really, I read somewhere that they used the cost saved on having to develop a platform just for the A3 meant they could get fancy with the interior trims, and loads of lighter more expensive materials in the front panels. So what your getting us a better car for the same money you would have to pay either way.

It's not just a case of develop one chassis, then cash in on the cost savings. Though there's always going to be some "business sense" in where the cost savings go I suppose.

what about those that dont get "extra fancy" interior trim....like seat/skoda?

the platform saves them loads of money and under pins different models but the price difference between models will be a lot ie big profits

polo
golf etc
ibiza
toledo etc
fabia
octavia
a1
a3
a4
a5

just think you have spent all that dosh on an a5 and underneath it shares it with a polo........:rofl: so who feels short changed the polo who shares bits with an a5 or the a5 that shares bits with the polo

Wonder how many of the 40 people who said no would even be in a position to afford to buy one ....

Why does that matter?

Because it does not give an accurate representation of data if half the people are just saying no because they don't think they want it but truth be told if they had the money in their pocket they would be down the dealers quicker than dog with two tails then on here even faster saying look what I got , or more to the point look what I have traded my 4k Clio 197 for ...

Just a thought ......

i put "no" because i dont want 5drs and to be honest dont care for the styling - if i had £20k i wouldnt buy one....

No from me. At the moment.

Getrag 'box and contorversial but highly tunable engine sound good.

Lack of Brembo's, too many doors for my liking (although it's styled well), and not enough solid performance details to make a proper judgement at the moment. I understand the Discs are meant to be bigger on this (330mm) and it's meant to be a little lighter than the 197/200 according to some sources, so no doubt they'll perform well. But I'd rather pay a bit more and have some nice meaty Brembo's behind the wheels. If and when it does a lap of Bedford West and obliterates the time of the 200 then the lack of Brembo's might then pale into insignificance for me.

The money/affordability thing? Well, I'd say at least 85% of the cars on here are on HP or PCP deals and so affordability comes down to a monthly payment and not having £20,000 sat in the bank really doesn't it? Of the other 15% of cars on here, I'd say all but about 3% of them will have been on a finance arrangement at some point. Very few people buy new cars outright. Saying that, with some money due my way and being over the hill of my HP deal, when these go on sale in the summer then I could be tempted. I doubt it, but never say never. But like Foxspeed says, if you had £20,000 to spend (cash or finance), would you really spend it on a Clio!?!

Wonder how many of the 40 people who said no would even be in a position to afford to buy one ....

This is by far the most pointless post I've read in a very long time...

Because it does not give an accurate representation of data if half the people are just saying no because they don't think they want it but truth be told if they had the money in their pocket they would be down the dealers quicker than dog with two tails then on here even faster saying look what I got , or more to the point look what I have traded my 4k Clio 197 for ...

Just a thought ......

?????? So let me get it right....what you say is that the owners of the first 197s are probably not in a financial position to buy a £20k car? No comments...

Please read the poll. It doesn't say ''can you afford to buy the new clio sport'' does it? Last time I checked it was more of a...''would you buy the new clio sport''? 20-22k is a lot of money for a clio my friend, but I guess I'm wasting my time here, especially when I'm quoting someone who paid £20+k for a 200..

Just a thought ......

It's just a poll covering their target market, current enthusiasts and if they'd buy one not if they can afford one. I know what you mean but if you have the money or not you can make a decision as to if you like a car or not.

I can't afford a Bentley GT, but I also know if I had the money I wouldn't buy one. It doesn't make the potential decision any less valid.