Turbo Clio 200 prices

As a 197/200 owner, do you THINK you would buy a 200T based on current knowledge?

• Total voters
not so much renault but WE are the WRONG customers now for the clio4 rs...

they want some of the audi/bmw/mini/vw "premium small sports hatch" market - not the macdonalds carpark brigade :rofl:

Totally agree, problem is a lot of that market are very badge driven, so whether renault can live up to the audi/bmw/mini/vw im not so sure.
I'm inclined to think that if someone is after a little hatchback that is sporty, well built, good 'dsg' style box, econimical etc etc, surely they'd go for a VAG product or similar. Of course the new 200T will sell but in what numbers. I look forward to seeing the sales figures after one year. For Renault its a case of if the sales are up on the 200 sales then it was a success and a good move, regardless of whether its less of a drivers car and appeals to a different market.

Totally agree, problem is a lot of that market are very badge driven, so whether renault can live up to the audi/bmw/mini/vw im not so sure.

Look at the reviews of the 200, pretty much every motor journalist raves about them and they win every group test but still sales were relatively low.

Is that down to the badge? I'd say it definitely plays a part.

Couldnt agree more ^

You will always get the Renault 'unreliable' comments from people. Usually the ones who have never owned one lol

Look at the reviews of the 200, pretty much every motor journalist raves about them and they win every group test but still sales were relatively low.

Is that down to the badge? I'd say it definitely plays a part.

Surely not considering it's rivals are Citroen's and Vauxhall's, if anything their badge rep is far worse. Atleast clio's are cool!

Surely not considering it's rivals are Citroen's and Vauxhall's, if anything their badge rep is far worse. Atleast clio's are cool!

that they are but renault is being shafted by the east asia cars...

they want to go up market and get more profit to save them and as one renault top boss said "we need to be more jerman" :coffee:

Couldnt agree more ^

You will always get the Renault 'unreliable' comments from people. Usually the ones who have never owned one lol

Mine was very unreliable had a fuel pump/steering rack(not refitted properly) and engine replaced in less than 3 years and the gearbox felt like it was going to go before I sold it, so for me the statement about Renault being unreliable was true but others had no problems what so ever but still loved it

The pics willis put up, the silver one from the rear looks quite good.

Better than any other pics i've seen of the new one.

Think i'll wait until i see one, anyone know if the new cup race car will be at the autosport show this weekend?

that they are but renault is being shafted by the east asia cars...

they want to go up market and get more profit to save them and as one renault top boss said "we need to be more jerman" :coffee:

This. Basically they need to try and distance themselves from the Koreans as much as possible as they're becoming so successful now there's a real risk of them burying one of the French manufacturers before long (Pug/Citroen/Renault). Simply because they're cheaper, have much longer warranties and are equally well built, now they've stopped making them look like a pig that got hit by a truck they're taking over that market sector.

Renault have two choices, go cheap (but they'll soon have Dacia for that) or go more expensive. Ironically its looking like trying to move up in the market place and take on the Germans is the easier/better option these days!

This. Basically they need to try and distance themselves from the Koreans as much as possible as they're becoming so successful now there's a real risk of them burying one of the French manufacturers before long (Pug/Citroen/Renault). Simply because they're cheaper, have much longer warranties and are equally well built, now they've stopped making them look like a pig that got hit by a truck they're taking over that market sector.

Renault have two choices, go cheap (but they'll soon have Dacia for that) or go more expensive. Ironically its looking like trying to move up in the market place and take on the Germans is the easier/better option these days!

fight them on the beaches.....1945 all over again.....but they wont have the english this time :roy:

So they'll be surrendering in two weeks then?

This +++++++ :german:

What makes this harder is that the germans are dropping the prices of the base models (think new 135) so would you have a no frills BMW or a fully loaded Renault with residuals that are going to fall off a cliff?

There's no way at all Renault can compete with the Germans. I'll give Renault 5 years.

O/T: There was a new Kia Ceed following me this morning and I have to say it looked smart. Miles better than the new Clio IMO.

This +++++++ :german:

What makes this harder is that the germans are dropping the prices of the base models (think new 135) so would you have a no frills BMW or a fully loaded Renault with residuals that are going to fall off a cliff?

Very Very true. The new multi car (MQB) platform developed by the VAG group is going to not only allow them to give great quality low(er) cost cars, but also provide good specs on their models across the range which will make them very hard to compete with. And the BMW M135 has already killed off the Subaru Impreza/WRX whatever you want to call it. :worried:

I really have got my fingers crossed for the next couple of years for Renault. They really need a strong product line up to be able keep going. Personally I'd much rather see Peugeot drop off out of the three French car firms. Citroen can and have made some very interesting cars of late (DS range in particular), Renault I'm obviously very biassed about, but Peugeot seem to just keep churning out ugly, hateful, sh!t buckets. Here's a test, go on the Peugeot website (wait an hour for it to load) and try and find a car on there you'd be seen dead in. Good luck :smiley:

There's no way at all Renault can compete with the Germans. I'll give Renault 5 years.

O/T: There was a new Kia Ceed following me this morning and I have to say it looked smart. Miles better than the new Clio IMO.

I had a 62 plate c'eed as a hire car for work before Christmas. Interior was well nice and it cruised at 100 easily. 550 miles to a tank was different to my 197 too haha. Not sold on the looks though. those sneak shoots of the silver on black looked good! ;/

All opinions will be reserved until i get a test drive. Hoping Renault send a letter out to RS owners about an open day or something as id be very interested.