Trading in

Well after looking for a replacement and trying to get a desent price for the Clio i've just done a deal tonight so either this weekend or the next i'll be a non Renault owner again.
I've enjoyed the Clio for the past 4 months but as the warranty has now expired i'm worried about the big bills that could be due - ok i might have no problems but with my luck (all bad) i probably would experience the gearbox, etc.
After owning lots of performance cars and a couple of "normal" ones it was a hard choice deciding what to go for in my budget (£10k).
I only commute 8 miles each way but i want something nippy and enjoyed the last cars economy (Abarth 500 - 36mpg) so finding something wasn't easy.

I've now found something practical, economical, reliable and still with manufacturers warranty as i know these car do have an engine problem (well not all but a few) so everything will be covered, looks wise - well ok weird but not hideous - it a Fabia VRS 1.4tsi with the dsg ;/
Looks quite nice in the metallic green and maybe future plans will include lowering and Audi A5 alloys.
Performance wise - 180bhp as standard but a TMC tuning box will add another 20bhp so should be ok and still give mid-late 30s around town and 40s on a run

This week
100_0829_zpsba4ddcc7.gif

Next week
SKODA__FABIA__VRS_DSG__5_DOOR_HATCHBACK__PETROL__GREEN__2011__FT60BLN-10_zps45625385.gif

I don't mind the little Skoda's, there's one in that colour around here with a black roof and wheels and (looks) lowered. Does look the part indeed and I'm sure I've read that they're a fair bit quicker than the published performance figures...

Best of luck with it, but I do think you'll miss the Clio. :smile:

My brothers got a Seat Ibiza bocanegra which has the 1.4 tsi Dsg too. Such a nice car IMO and walks past my r27 in a straight line.

Hope you enjoy the skoda mate

Thanks guys
Looking at the Briskoda forum there are a few that have done santa pod in sub 6 secs so not too bad :smile:
Eibach springs give them a better stance and are Skoda approved so no warranty problems so they'll be fitted
The TSi Vags are a bit weird regarding power - 1.2tsi are supposed to be 105bhp but when put on rollers they're all 130-140bhp, the 1.4tsi seems to show around 190-198bhp from a standard car?
Oh well at least i wont be filling up as much, insurance is a lot cheaper and i've got a warranty for piece of mind

Some absolute beasts on that Briskoda site, some of the diesels are mental!!! :smiley:

Interested to hear how you compare the two cars, make sure you keep us updated. :smile:

Good luck, make sure you stock up on oil and carry some with you they've been known to eat oil like a rotary :tongueout:

Hay what did you expect from a Clio forum :smiley:

Some absolute beasts on that Briskoda site, some of the diesels are mental!!! :smiley:

Interested to hear how you compare the two cars, make sure you keep us updated. :smile:

Had a 2004 VRS a few years ago - got it remapped at Jabbasport and it was running around 165bhp and 330lb/ft - still gave 50mpg :tongueout:roud:

Like the Clio as it's a smart looking car, guess if it had another years warranty left then i'd keep it longer

Good luck, make sure you stock up on oil and carry some with you they've been known to eat oil like a rotary :tongueout:

Hay what did you expect from a Clio forum :smiley:

Yeah - that's the engine problem i know about which is why i wanted a skoda warranty - they replace the engines now if you keep complaining about oil consumption as they revised the bottom ends

Don't do many miles (80 a week) so i guess if it uses a litre every 2-3k then i needen't worry

Its funny cause we've come a long way since Henry Ford, the world doesn't all wear Clio coloured glasses...I guess if it suits your personal circumstance, the only person that needs to be happy is you. If Steve sold Skoda's, they'd be great too....

Clio looks with Skoda reliability would be nice :smile:

Every forum has members who can't see past their own car brand/ model - well until they change cars that is :smile:

Clio looks with Skoda reliability would be nice :smile:

Every forum has members who can't see past their own car brand/ model - well until they change cars that is :smile:

I think it's mostly friendly banter, mostly :evil: ... not everyone is in a situation to put up with what is a somewhat compromised car if they're having to commute numerous miles every day and only have one car.
Back when I first got mine I was spending £70 a week on fuel at least! It was an amusing commute at times but not always :001_unsure:

Shame to see another Clio go but tbf the Skoda is a good car. Being an old sod I am however from the old skool that remember all the Skoda jokes before they were volkswagon.

Shame to see another Clio go but tbf the Skoda is a good car. Being an old sod I am however from the old skool that remember all the Skoda jokes before they were volkswagon.

Something along the lines of,

"What do you call a skoda with twin exhaust pipes?"

"A wheel barrow"

It must have been funny once.........