Top oil level?

I've had the car for two months and every time i started it , i got the 'OIL LEVEL OK' message.

It's been a week that instead of that, i am getting a 'TOP OIL LEVEL' message.

How is that possible?

I've checked it. It was a little low but not off the limits.

Do you know when the ' TOP OIL LEVEL ' message should show? I only have the greek manual...

i think it shows when it just above the min mark on the dipstick thats what mine done w while back so i topped it up and its been fine since

so yours is eating oil too?

which oil are you using?

Elf i think...do you get the top oil level message too??

I checked the dipstick on my mother's Scenic cause she told me that it shows the same message and it seems to have zero oil :thumbup1: Thank god it hasn't blown up yet.

Last edited:
I checked the dipstick on my mother's Scenic cause she told me that it shows the same message and it seems to have zero oil :thumbup1: Thank god it hasn't blown up yet.

WTF?!

make it a habit and check your oil with the dipstick every week

the top up oil will come on when it reachs the min, otherwise it will say oil level ok. So its not like its gone from max to min in a week (well it may have but probably not).

When you start the car and you get the oil message if you press one of the buttons on the right hand stalk that display mpg etc it will show you the oil level as a bar :smile:

the top up oil will come on when it reachs the min, otherwise it will say oil level ok. So its not like its gone from max to min in a week (well it may have but probably not).

When you start the car and you get the oil message if you press one of the buttons on the right hand stalk that display mpg etc it will show you the oil level as a bar :smile:

Complete answer. :thumbup1: Thank you sir.

hmmm i tried this before as it was mentioned in a previous thread on the old site but mine doesnt do it

hmmm i tried this before as it was mentioned in a previous thread on the old site but mine doesnt do it

Mine neither...anyway i filled her up this morning and everything is cool..,guys at renault said that i've been pushing too much and that's why i lost nearly all the oil in 4000 km(2800 miles)..:confused1:

Also i mentioned them a weird sound that i hear at standstill,one that stops with the slightest press of the clutch, and they said i'm changing gears too quickly...:confused1:

WTF?

hmm pushing the car using all the oil i understand but not that ammount of mileage!

as for changing gears too fast i dunno when do you change up??

hmm pushing the car using all the oil i understand but not that ammount of mileage!

as for changing gears too fast i dunno when do you change up??

When pushing i usually change when the light comes on,let's say 200 rpm less than the cutter(i don't know how you guys say it)..but i'm not even pushing it that often..

I pushed it really hard on the way back home to see if the sound has anything to do with that...guess what, i couldn't hear a thing :blink:. It might have something to do with the cold or the rain,but on the other hand it's definetly coming from the transmission,otherwise pressing the clutch wouldn't change anything,am i right?

Time will tell for both the oil and the sound problem...

As for the oil,maybe when i got it two months ago,the so-called ''service'' they had done didn't include checking the oil and so i got it half empty.(i didn't check it when i got it,my bad)

As for the sound,i'll just have to wait 'till spring.

When pushing i usually change when the light comes on

Go all the way to the limiter but be careful not to go over - you'll lose speed then, but if you practice it well - you'll be faster than before.

That's the common "problem" with 197 owners - they change gears at the light.