throttle bodies

Cant fit in between the front of the head and the slam panel...

Maybe the ITBs GDI used on their throttle body conersion where the airbox and horns bend over the top of the engine, much like the std manifold?

Cant fit in between the front of the head and the slam panel...

Maybe the ITBs GDI used on their throttle body conersion where the airbox and horns bend over the top of the engine, much like the std manifold?

i think i seen somewere.. maybe it was cliosport.net someone has it fitted but the slam panel is cut to make it fit (i think)

"This 45mm shaftless ITB system will fit F4R-830 powered cars such as Renault Clio 197 with suitable modifications to the engine management and the addition of a throttle cable. As shown in pictures with 70mm long extensions and 60mm long ram pipes."

i think i seen somewere.. maybe it was cliosport.net someone has it fitted but the slam panel is cut to make it fit (i think)

"This 45mm shaftless ITB system will fit F4R-830 powered cars such as Renault Clio 197 with suitable modifications to the engine management and the addition of a throttle cable. As shown in pictures with 70mm long extensions and 60mm long ram pipes."

That was an early Omex development car.

There was pics on here of a Dutch cup racer (I think) that had ITB's and the trumpets went down the front of the engine bay, the filter was at the lower grill.

Anyone remember or have pics ? It was yellow outside & white inside.

need new ECU to run throttle cable for ITBs. quite a bit of work involved!

kev please get throttle bodies!!!!!!!!!

New ECU and throttlebody.

Rad can be moved to get air from teh front.... Im toying with it but the STD body is good for 230BHP

Maybe peak, but ITB's increase torque everywhere throughout the whole rev-range...plus hugely increased throttle response...they make a massive difference to the way the car performs.

Never been a dan of the at power bodies. Would rather go for jenveys. But yeah you would really need standalone ecu for cable throttle. I am still tempted to get jenveys to be fair

New ECU and throttlebody.

Rad can be moved to get air from teh front.... Im toying with it but the STD body is good for 230BHP

you dont have the std body though, you have the touring car body with 100mm bellmouth (the bellmouth makes a large difference) :wink:

As Craig said, you can make good peak figures, but you'll increase the area under the graph with ITBs, which is what makes a car quick

We deliberately didn't do that as it's plastic crash structure

they're still a LOT too short, probably make less torque than standard TBH

Danny do you have any plans to do a tb setup on the 197? Any ideas on ideal induction length? I want to cut the slam panel LOL