Enlarged throttle bodies

hi all

I'm a new member and don't really have any car knowledge so I'm looking for some good informed opinions on enlarged throttle bodies..any good? Think the standard it 60mm but I've seen some 64mm ones..saying they increase toque ?
I know remaps improve drivability but do these help as well? Thinking of getting one for my R27..

Hello !

I'm literally just out the front door......

But this topic has been covered numerous times here......if you use the search bar at the top of the page; trying various wording options - i'm betting there's a ton of info here :smile:

Good luck !

:grin::grin:
Sorry..school boy error

Don't apologise !

All im saying is it's worth a search first of all. Beauty here is there is such a vast database of old posts to pull from. And unless you're a real 'pioneer'.....it's likely someone has come across what you're asking / doing before.

You considering this in conjunction with other mods or as a stand-alone fitment ?

Reactions: ///M
Don't apologise !

All im saying is it's worth a search first of all. Beauty here is there is such a vast database of old posts to pull from. And unless you're a real 'pioneer'.....it's likely someone has come across what you're asking / doing before.

You considering this in conjunction with other mods or as a stand-alone fitment ?
Well I was thinking of doing it along side a map but maybe fitting the tb first then maybe ironing out any issues with a map..I'm a real novice at this but don't want to take things too far from the standard R27 I have at the mo..just interested in a bit more torque and a smoother driving experience..

Well I was thinking of doing it along side a map but maybe fitting the tb first then maybe ironing out any issues with a map..I'm a real novice at this but don't want to take things too far from the standard R27 I have at the mo..just interested in a bit more torque and a smoother driving experience..

Remap alone will get you both of those. I can tell you that from first hand experience. Real-World driving / fuelling improvements are huge. Even if not wholly measurable in pure 'big' BHP gains.

I can't speak from experience - but i'm sure after reading - the reviews of the enlarged throttle bodies on anything like a standard motor (And perhaps the standard item isn't the hold-back factor on even a highly modified 197/200 engine) aren't great / convincing for all users......

Reactions: Wes02
Take a trip over to the RS Tuning Facebook page, a couple of years back they done back to back testing using a standard TB and 64mm TB and the test car lost power using the 64mm TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a trip over to the RS Tuning Facebook page, a couple of years back they done back to back testing using a standard TB and 64mm TB and the test car lost power using the 64mm TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is the same as the very first link here i posted - where the car was Dyno'd back to back. And lost 2bhp low down on the 64mm body AND gained nothing anywhere else !

As said already, these engines are completely different with a map, they drive so much better, and they don't go all skippy the kangaroo on you when cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro