Thought I'd share my car with you.

Not being a Clio owner I decided to post my car in this section, I thought I'd show you what I have and what i've been up to.

I drive a Toyota MR2 3.0 V6.. It didn't come like that though, it was originally a 2.0 NA.

Back in '08 i got myself the '2 and it looked something like this.

P1100485.jpg

A few months on i heard about the V6 transplant, and decided to go for it. The car was off the road for a good year and a half. A lot of money and attention went into the new donor engine. I stripped the engine down, cleaning, painting and replacing parts of the engine. I got down to the block and there was a slight problem.. The engine had covered 148K miles and being strangled by the auto gearbox the bores had a ‘ridge’ that normally can be honed out. But these were to sever and the bores needed a re bore and O/S pistons. All the following was replaced..

New bearings all round
New thrust washers
Polished crank
Re-Bore
New o/s pistons and rings
Skimmed heads
New valve seals
Bottom end rebuilt

When i got the engine back i cracked on with painting and decorating! I ‘Um’d and ‘R’d on what color scheme to go for. in the end i went for black and lime green. And the finished article..

photo.jpg

Now for the interior, I wanted something that matched the engine. So i drew a vector MR2 seat in illustrator and got playing with panels and colors, this was my result...

MR2Seattt.gif

With my design complete i got to cutting and sewing.. and the end result, as you can see from the photo i opted out of using green stitch around the green panels, i think it was too much so went for a subtle black top stitch. Perfect!

carinterior.jpg

MR2Trim2.jpg

MR2Trim1.jpg

MR2trim.jpg

And thats as far as I've got with it at the moment. Its currently on stock wheels still with a black finish. Deciding on what wheels to get, replace shocks with coilies and have it rust proofed with a new spray job.

Steve

Saw this on your site Steve. It looks amazing mate. I would love to be able to make a one-off such as that! Guys got talent! :smile:

Thanks for the kind words guys.

very nice, very well done on the seats. What colour you gonna have it sprayed (Please say Lime Green)

Its not going lime green I'm afraid, I've had it in photoshop and it just doesn't suit it, it'll be going white again. I was thinking matte white.. not sure if its a good idea though.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Its not going lime green I'm afraid, I've had it in photoshop and it just doesn't suit it, it'll be going white again. I was thinking matte white.. not sure if its a good idea though.

Steve

spay gloss white and have a matt white wrap :clap:

had one in the past before the clio, mine was a black 2.0 na, quite fun cars but mine lacked the go very much, endded up trading it in for my 197, got 500 pound for it,

Last edited: